1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

OEM LED headlights :(

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Fishius, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Fishius

Fishius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    So I have a 2010 Prius with the OEM LED headlights. I have to say that I am slightly disappointed in them a little bit. My previous car was a Civic that I retrofitted some Morimoto 6k projectors into and the light out put for those was WAY better than the LEDs. I changed the aim a little as well because I read they tended to be a little low from the factory, helped a little bit. Anyone who has done a retrofit or driven other cars with HIDs feel like they are a little on the weak side? Also, and this may be kind of trivial, but it seems like they don't have the cool blueish tint from a distance like the Audis or BMWs, Lexus' have... actually I think the new LED headlight for the Corolla looks awesome!! Anyway, just puting this out there, might be interested in doing a swap if anyone else is interested. Here's what mine look like ....

Attached Files:

2. -1-

-1- Don

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :confused:LEDs are traditionally bright, white. Swap for what? Plenty of others would love a set of Prius factory LEDs. Best to keep what you have. I'd be pissed if I bought a used Prius 5 that was missing the LEDs.

#2 -1-, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  3. superfly1978

superfly1978 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ill trade u my 2014s and throw in the 5k morimoto kit from trs that should arrive in the mail tomorrow

4. dle

dle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have 2010 lights that I would be down to trade. No issues or damages.

5. Roland1555

Roland1555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    I recently installed an LED H11 bulb kit into the Toyota oem fogs.... give you a nice cool bluish tinted fill down low, and a little bit up high that reflects on highway signs. The light is a little different that what would be case by a set of HID's in there, doesn't blind people, however the Toyota housing doesn't focus and have the nice cut off that a projector fog light housing would, but it might be a method to supplement the output of your factory LEDs. Maybe save the hassle of dropping the bumper, dealing with wiring....

Roland

6. Gunjee

Gunjee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I agree - I'd love a set of Prius factory LEDs...! I came across this website, and their LED bulbs seems to be priced reasonably. They make it sound like it is just plug and play after you submit your vehicle info, but I'm going to call them to verify. I'd prefer plug and play over any kits...

9005/HB3 LED Bulb | 9005 CREE LED Fog Light Bulb

There seems to be a high beam headlight (9005) and a low beam headlight (H11). So there are two bulbs in the headlight fixture? And they seem to be referring to them as fog lights, even though they fall under 'headlights'. Anyone know what a 'canbus fix' is? This is for daytime running lights, but my daytime running lights are independent from the headlights...

7. Fishius

Fishius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Maybe I'm just being picky! I'm not saying the light output is horrible, it sure as hell beats any halogen bulbs! I was just thinking it "seemed" like the light output was a little less than previous HID set ups that I have had.

8. Roland1555

Roland1555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    The bulbs in the link above are for show only.... although very bright to the eye, light only gets out a few feet past your car's lamp housing and is of no use with nighttime driving.

Roland

9. Coots

Coots Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I completely agree with this statement. Coming from my 2007 TSX and 2007 RDX with HID, the Prius LED light output is much weaker. They are the early style LED that aren't as bright as the newer ones.

I'd love a way to increase their intensity, even through a retrofit.