1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Officially a Convert... New C2 Owner

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Sean McConky, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Sean McConky

Sean McConky New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    After researching the C when it first came out and watching the forums, I have finally converted. My previous car, a Honda Fit, had served me well for 178,000 miles but alas was in need of work. So far, I have had the C2 for two weeks and I love everything about it. So far I am getting around 48 MPG which I consider pretty good when my drive is 65% highway.

I know I have seen at least 1 other person on hear who switched from a Honda Fit. Makes me wonder how many people would switch for the minor price difference.

Prius C2.jpg

Chad Ferguson, PriusCinBlack and ftl like this.
  2. Entecha

Entecha New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm curious about your thoughts on how the Prius C compares to the Fit. Other than gas mileage, are there any major differences? Does the Fit have a lot more cargo room?

3. PriusC-illa

PriusC-illa Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I just got one in red too. Congrats!

carolD likes this.
  4. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I almost bought a fit but decided to get the C due to its gas mileage and other features.

5. james cook

james cook Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Crips for life! lol
    tip:
    leave the ac on auto

battery is comfortable when you are.

6. Sean McConky

Sean McConky New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Well, I went from the 1st gen Fit andthe cargo space is smaller (less deep). My wife has a 2nd gen fit and I think it is slightly larger. But I will take the tradeoff to save money on gas. But I know for sure that I can't fit the 4x8 sheets of plywood (ripped in half lengthwise) and 24 8' 2x4s in the C (which I was able to do with the tailgate closed on the Fit).

SPH-D710 ? 2

7. Sean McConky

Sean McConky New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    To add a little more detail, I think some of the C features are better, like the standard Bluetooth and iPod controls, the projector headlights, and having map lights as opposed to a dome light only. My wife prefers the ridiculous number of cup holders in the 2nd gen Fit, as well as the two glove compartments and the capability of the folding rear seats. I also think the C cargo area is a little annoying in that it doesn't fold completely flat. But both my wife and I agree we would choose the C over the Fit.

SPH-D710 ? 2

8. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats! We have a 1st Generation Fit 2007. It's my wife's car and she loves it - won't let me buy her a new car. She doesn't like the 2nd Generation Fit. The Fit is an impressive package - lots of room & adjustable cargo space. I like my C2 but might be tempted by a hybrid Fit.

9. Sean McConky

Sean McConky New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    My wife is the exact opposite, she likes the 2nd gen better. Mine was an '08 and I loved it. But as I said, I wouldn't trade the space for the mileage. A hybrid Fit might be nice but I doubt they can do it for the price of the C.

SPH-D710 ? 2