1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

One week old Prius. Please help me with navigation system

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ileney, Jun 21, 2014.

1. ileney

ileney Junior Member

I have my Prius 3 one week, I've driven 640 miles, I'm on the second tank she's now averaging 52.4mpg with1/2 a tank left.

The problem is work the navigation system, more than once while trying to follow the navigation I've missed my destination and had to pull over to turn the navigation back on so that I could let it help me find where I was suppose to be going. Each time it stopped navigating when I passed where I was going. Is there a way to set it to talk more often? Or to tell me to turn an extra time before the actual turn? I would also like to delete the HOME address the salesman put in for me, can you tell me how? Thanks in advance for your help!

Fone ?

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    ileney, more information please! There are 3 generations of liftbacks (2001 to 2003, 2004 to 2009, and 2010 to 2014) plus a c, PHV, and a v all in their first generation. We also do not know where in the world you are, which will change the answers to Nav questions.

3. ileney

ileney Junior Member

I didn't know that, I'm in USA, NY, it's a 2014....Prius 3, just a regular one with a hatchback....appreciate any help you can give me...thanks!

Fone ?

4. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Maybe the best help with the Nav system would be to say.... That you should not count on it to get you to exactly where you are going, but just to get you near.......at which time you fall back to actually looking for it and making an independent decision on where the last turn into the "driveway" actually is. Many people have gotten into trouble by relying too much on the GPS directions; some of them into big trouble.

P.S. I too would like a sooner warning before turns but that doesn't seem possible.

5. tach18k

tach18k Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Well, not to be a smart nice person or anything, but it is best to know where your going before using any Nav device. Google earth is a nice app, so is MS trips and streets a good program for the computer. But then I am an old ambulance driver and I had to know where I was going and how how to get back