1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

opening the door causes car to start beeping (intermittent)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Naushi Hussain, May 3, 2015.

1. Naushi Hussain

Naushi Hussain Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    One morning last week I opened the car door and it started to beep real loud - like an alarm set off (I don't have an alarm system in my car) - it lasted 30 seconds. I went about driving the car and it ran fine. I stopped at a place - went out and came back to drive out again. as soon as I opened the door the alarm went off again. This time it lasted 20 seconds. I have not had the issue since then -(a week gone) . can anyone tell what could be wrong. I know it happened and will happen again. I don't know if battery is low - everything works fine and car is running like a charm. battery indicator shows full when on the road. I cant recreate the problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

2. Bill the Engineer

Bill the Engineer Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sounds like the car was still running with the door open and you took the key when you got out. Make sure the READY light is not lit on the dash before you get out.

3. Naushi Hussain

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks Bill for your thoughts. I actually got up in the morning and wanted to drive out. Car was shut since previous night ands sitting quiet. When I opened the door it started beeping (just like an alarm sets off - I don't have an alarm in the car) started to blink with the beep. It stopped after 30 seconds. I drove out - stopped at a place -shut the car. came back and opened the door. - it did the same thing but this time only 10 seconds.

Nothing has happened since then. ....mystery.

4. Naushi Hussain

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks Bill for your thoughts. I actually got up in the morning and wanted to drive out. Car was shut since previous night ands sitting quiet. When I opened the door it started beeping (just like an alarm sets off - I don't have an alarm in the car) started to blink with the beep. It stopped after 30 seconds. I drove out - stopped at a place -shut the car. came back and opened the door. - it did the same thing but this time only 10 seconds.
    Nothing has happened since then. ....mystery

5. Naushi Hussain

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nothing has happened since then. ....mystery