1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Order Factory-Wait times?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by njrose, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Barca Tourtech v

Barca Tourtech v New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Couple of weeks ago. Having met with the sales manager and one of his staff on Saturday they're trying to get an ETA for its arrival at the port and then try and figure out with their logistics people how much more time it'll take to make it to the London dealership.

The urgency is more to do with need rather than me being overly excited. Our Discovery is off the road so we're riding about in my soft top NAS D90 Defender which struggles to get above zero in the cab. ;)

1 person likes this.
  2. drummoros

drummoros New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    We placed our order for the Canadian PriusV with the Touring and Technology package in Barcelona Red on December 3, 2011 and will be picking up our vehicle today. We were told it was one of two or three destined for Canada in this colour over the next several months but the wait was several months less than the time it took to get our first prius in 2006.

3. Barca Tourtech v

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    In that case, it sounds like I might have the second or third of three Barcelona's being sent over initially. Hopefully we won't have too long to wait. Just got an email from Troy, the Warranty guy here at PriusChat who says that all we have to do is wait one full year and then we qualify for his preferential coverage. Can't believe the mark-up the dealership want to charge us but I guess it's par for the course.

How are you enjoying your new car?

4. drummoros

drummoros New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    A minor hickup as the dealer described it --- they actually damaged the tailgate of the car unloading it from the truck! I was not prepared to take a new car which had to be repaired and so I am again waiting --- told about a month for a replacement. So close but so far. Oh well, the 2006 Prius is still working great and now I'm sure I don't need snow tires until next year. We plan to do the cross Canada trip this summer so there's no rush as long as it arives before May or so in order to allow us to get used to it.

Let me know when yours comes in and I'll keep you posted on mine.

1 person likes this.
  5. drummoros

drummoros New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Should have added that I loked at the bill for the 2006 and compared it to the PriusV. The 2006 had the Navigation system and was the highest levelof trim available in Canada at the time. The new PriusV will be costing almost $2000 less and comes with considerably more features including self park, moon roof, leather like upholstery, rubber floor mats, enhanced radio, radar controlled cruise etc. I'm impressed.

6. benagi

benagi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Curious what you paid for your 2006 Prius in US dollars if you don't mind. thx, Ben

7. drummoros

drummoros New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    That's difficult to answer easily. Today the two dollars are close to par. In April 2006 when I bought the Prius the Canadian dollar was worth .87 of the US dollar. The base price in Canada for the Prius that year was $31,280. Package C added the Navigation, better radio and some other safety equipment cost $7430 bringing the price to $38,710. In US dollars that would have been about $33,678. There were also about $6000 Canadian in Sales taxes aded to the $38,710 bringing the total to close to $44,000. Our gas prices in 2006 were just slightly over $1.00 per litre or about $4.00 per US gallon.

Today the US dollar is about 1.002 Canadian dollars. The base price of the Prius V is $27,200 and to upgrade to our Touring and Technology package is $9675. That brings the total of the car price to $36,875. Our sales taxes have also decreased by 2% in those years and the financing rates are at 4.1% compared to 7.35%.

For better or worse, these are the differences in the two cars for that money:

Prius V is somewhat larger
    Leather wrapped steeering wheel
    Heated Front seats
    Panoramic Moonroof
    17" aluminium alloy wheels
    Fog lamps
    LED headlights
    Power seat lumbar controls
    Driver seat cushion height adjustments
    high solar energy absorbtion window glass
    heated mirors
    7" display audio with Navigation
    Pre-collision system
    Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
    Intelligent Parking Assist
    SofTex-Trimmed Seats
    larger engine with more hp
    EV/ECO/Pwr modes
    Hill start assist conrol

And of course most of the electronics is considerably upgraded in terms of making it work with modern equipment including the additional USB ports etc.

The only component which increasd in price is the extended warranty which is $2169 for 72 mo/160000 km as opposed to $1699 in 2006.

In short, quite a lot more car for more than $2000 less money.

1 person likes this.
  8. Barca Tourtech v

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I'm really sorry to hear that, Drummoros. :( What will they do with the damaged vehicle? Fix it and send it to me do you reckon? Ha ha!

You're right to be patient. There's nothing nicer than taking delivery of a brand new car! The smell, the navigation gadgets, messing about with all the buttons, driving it for the first time, testing the eco mode! :rockon: I was absolutely transfixed when I test drove a Prius V for the first time. Every time we stopped at at traffic lights, the silence was deafening or should I say golden?! lol

Have they given you an ETA for another one?

9. Barca Tourtech v

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Make sure to wait a year and get your extended warranty from Troy here at Prius Chat. You'll save yourself a bundle of money and Troy is awesome to deal with!

It is amazing just how competitive the market is at the moment. Vehicles continue to improve and prices are being driven down constantly. That's a good thing as long as quality, safety, performance, environmental factors aren't compromised along the way. :thumb:

10. drummoros

drummoros New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    New one expected before the end of February. I guess I can safely put off winter tires until next fall.

11. Barca Tourtech v

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    That's something the wife just reminded me about as it's written into the bill of sale. I'll make sure to double-check the VIN number though. Ha ha!

It's amazing how quickly they've turned things around for you, so that's great news!

12. drummoros

drummoros New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Just another update. I am told that the new vehicle is expected to arrive in Kingston on March 1 which could mean delivery on March 3. They have provided a new VIN # which is about 19000 units later than the first.

Did yours arrive and hou=w are you enjoying it?

13. benagi

benagi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Ordered my car Dec 23rd, just drove it off the showroom floor today and put it to bed for the nite in the garage. Now the fun begins and the learning curve.

14. drummoros

drummoros New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    To end the saga --- mine arrived last week and we took delivery on Saturday. The replacement is in perfect condition and we ove it so far. A lot of things to learn. Had it rust checked on the same day. We'll be off to have dinner on the dealer as a thank you for our patience in light of the above.

15. CLUBGUY

CLUBGUY Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Bllizard pearl/bisque "v"5 no AT...ordered second week in February.....in and taking delivery on Saturday the 11th.