1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ottonavi HU: How to customize (a bit) the UI

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Bulle, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Bulle

Bulle Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius

Hello Magnum,

here is RRUITool version 0.11M (for Magnum) which set the limit at 2000 PIC ID's.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63503986/RRUIToolv11M.zip
    That should keep you going for a while.

As for reordering the IDs, it is an interesting idea although I'm not sure finally why it would be useful.
    Let me explain:
    I guess the reason why RR does not reorder the IDs is because they wanted the IDs to be consistent across all skins.
    (Although I admit it's a very flaky design and this can be easily broken...)
    So reordering might be an issue (or not) depending on how you work with them.
    What I mean is I don't think it was a bug after all; more like a design restriction from RR.
    In any case, these IDs are generated automatically and you never really need to work with them directly.
    So unless you have a good reason to reorder your IDs in the RRUIEditor, I would leave it as it is.
    Let me know if you think you really need reordering IDs.

BTW I noticed in your last skins that some of the image files have a ref count equal to zero.
    You can remove those unused image files from the RRUI file by using the RRUIEditor.
    This would in fact reduce the final size of the final RRUI file and would leave more memory for your skin customers.
    Maybe that's an option we could add in the RRUITool some day...

Let me know how this new version works for you!

2. magnum1795

magnum1795 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Hello bulle,

Sorry for my english (google translator)

Thank you very much, for the new version

super, no more errors
    reorganization of the image files (PICID) is not necessary

"BTW I noticed in your last skins that some of the image files have a ref count equal to zero.
    You can remove those unused image files from the RRUI file by using the RRUIEditor.
    This would in fact reduce the final size of the final RRUI file and would leave more memory for your skin customers.
    Maybe that's an option we could add in the RRUITool some day..."

yes, I have now found out myself how to do it.

3. _r1

_r1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all!

From few weeks I'm the owner of Roadrover navi system I9. Your forum is great. I found lots of useful advises here.
    My problem is that the WinCE system doesn't see CD/DVD drive. Only application DVD player sees CD/DVD. When I want to play a movie or music (MP3, audio) from DVD/CD it's always opened with DVD player. But when I play media (movie, music) from SD card or USB than it's opened with MP4 player or MP3 player. Do you have the same? I wander if there is a possibility to unhide CD/DVD drive and install some driver which can make CD/DVD drive visible as virtual USB or SD? I checked in register the CD/DVD software driver is named "CDrom.dll". Maybe I can replace this driver in system with one that works better but I don't have it.
    I also have a problem with external subtitles in movies. Only DVD player shows subtitles, MP4 player doesn't. To see movie with subtitles I need to burn it on CD/DVD and then play. Is there any alternative for MP4 player?
    It is very annoying. I can't find any info about it.
    Maybe someone have knowledge about "CDrom.dll" driver. I mean list of functions implemented in it. Then I can write a program which can use these functions to emulate CD/DVD as USB or SD card.
    Thanks in advance for your help!

4. magnum1795

magnum1795 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Question to bulle

Can you change the Button "Change All Elements hue" in 3 different Button.
    One for "Color1" ... one for "ColorSelect" and one for "ColorTouch"?
    would gladly colors individually assign.
    Is this possible?

thank you

[​IMG]

5. Bulle

Bulle Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Hello Magnum,

Should be possible.
    I will take a look and let you know.

6. Jo vs

Jo vs New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello

I've this system installed in my car: Multimedia con Gps Citroen C5 Version Europa.The .rrui editor works great for this system. Thank you so much for all the info and work you can find here. I just have one question . Can i play music from my smartphone true bluetooth on my car audio system? I dont see an option now in the menu but maybe someone here nows a good solution.

7. Bulle

Bulle Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius

If your car radio unit supports Bluetooth A2DP it should work.
    You have to go into the Phone application and pair your phone and then you can stream music.

8. Bulle

Bulle Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius

Hello Magnum,

OK here's the deal.

I do not want to remove the existing Hue button because it has a very special behavior which was used to create the first skins when this tool was first created (the existing hues are *adjusted* based on proximity of the hue you pick which means you can retain different shades of yellow for examples instead of using only one color....)

So in your case, I decided to add the 3 buttons you asked but I also change the previous behavior.
    Now the color you pick will directly replace the current color.
    As you can see here, all the Hue buttons background color reflect the existing colors you picked.
    [​IMG]

The colors shown are based on the colors settings of screen id=1 and element id=1 (digital clock normally) so that may not work properly all the time if you mess with the ordering of the elements in the screen.
    Should be OK most of the time I think.

So here is version 12M:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63503986/RRUIToolv12M.zip

Let me know how it works for you.

9. magnum1795

magnum1795 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    One
    thank you very much,
    after a little bit of testing all works fine.

10. Jo vs

Jo vs New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello

thanks for your reply, i've tested it and it's not working. I looked in de specs of my car audio system and it supports a2dp and my phone is a galaxy s4 and it also supports a2dp. When i'm in the bluetooth app there is only an option to call. Hope someone nows a solution for this so that i can play music with bluetooth.

11. Bulle

Bulle Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Jo,
    after you paired the phone there should be a message like "Mobile media" in the Phone/Bluetooth screen underneath the name of your device. (If you don't see a similar message, that means your phone is not paired properly for A2DP so check your phone settings)
    If you click on this message, music streaming from your phone should start playing automatically and new buttons will appear and replace the message on the Roadrover Bluetooth screen.
    These buttons will let you pause-play-forward-skip the music.
    Note that the Roadrover is not able (I think) to read the music directory from your phone; it is a strict A2DP implementation. So that means you can either skip to previous-next song by using controls or the steering wheel buttons.
    Or you can use your phone directly (not recommended when driving) or ask a passenger to do it.

That's how it is working for me when I use it.

12. Jo vs

Jo vs New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow , omg, thanks ;););)
    The answer was there all the time and i didn't see it. Is working now without any problems.
    Again thank you very much.

Jo

13. Anne Pollok

Anne Pollok Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

Does anyone know of an upgrade or mod to get the Text to display? I have found this to be a huge negative. It wouldn't bother as much except that my iPod classic does not work (Doesn't load artists, albums, etc & resets at the end of every album) and my Sirius radio will load text but not play sound- According to Sirius b/c of a compatability issue with the tuner and iPod/SAT interface and/or HU. I've been in contact with Ottonavi for months to no avail. So, it would be LOVELY to have the BT text come through, if anyone knows how. I'm really really looking for a silver lining.

14. Bulle

Bulle Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Well in theory it's possible to get the text if someone manage to code the missing bluetooth profile (AVRCP I think).
    Or may be the latest OS and UI from Roadrover has it but I haven't tested it yet (but I would be very surprised).
    Sometimes I think it will help me a lot if I can get a hold of a used unit just to do bench experiments and software upgrades...

15. ivc05

ivc05 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi Bulle!

How to remove full path for graphic files in rrui file? Need only filename

16. Bulle

Bulle Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius

If you want to keep the same filenames, save the rrui file as a .txt file using the RRUITool then edit the .txt file to remove the pathnames then reload the edited txt file in the RRUITool and resave it as a rrui.

17. ivc05

ivc05 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    In Hex?

Code:
    //// Picture #244  PICID: 1130 (0x046a) is at offset(0x1a3668) width=60  height=346  size=3502(0x00000dae)
    UI 1130.PNG
    02 14 00 00 
    //// Full PIC Filename: Z:\RB.png
    5a 00 3a 00 5c 00 52 00 42 00 2e 00 70 00 6e 00 67 00 00 00 
    01 04 00 00 6b 04 00 00 
    00 04 00 00 4a 01 00 00 
    00 04 00 00 3c 00 00 00 
    00 04 00 00 60 0c 00 00 
    If edit:

Code:
    //// Full PIC Filename: Z:\RB.png
    do not work (because remark)

If edit in HEX

Code:
    5a 00 3a 00 5c 00 52 00 42 00 2e 00 70 00 6e 00 67 00 00 00 
    Error: Lenght of string dosen't match

18. Bulle

Bulle Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius

Looks like you forgot to change also the len field of the UNICODE string.
    (See format of UNICODE string in the Help section of the tool).

19. 04priusnow

04priusnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
  20. theblen

theblen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Persona
    Hello Bulle.
    Im from Malaysia and these are my info:
    Shell: 2.87.3

My DVD Menu does not have the slider when i press Tune

And my frontpage have: Nav, Radio, Music, DVD, Apps

I was wondering if it is possible to change the DVD Menu with 'Video' from the Apps submenu?