1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Our first new Toyota, BP Prius v!!!!

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by redpepper, Mar 24, 2012.

1. redpepper

redpepper New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey everyone, just saying HELLO!

I'm a fairly new member and have used this site quite a bit in the past month to make a decision on a new vehicle for our family. 5 weeks of waiting, and our Blizzard Pearl Prius v Luxury package (Canadian market) arrived last Thursday!! We're loving it, all the tech, comfort and value for the price, and great fuel economy too.

We're only at 200kms so far, so it could be a while until we get through the free dealer tank of fuel to get real numbers, but can't wait!

TONS of great info on here, and lots of knowledgable members. Thanks everyone for posting and helping yet another sale of a Prius v!

2. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Fuelly.com only starts tracking after the first fillup. So fill up now (early I know) at your local station, favorite pump, and in a reproducible manner (stop at first or second pump stoppage). Enter your stats on Fully.com and then after (the long wait) draining it down to 0 - 2 tics and filling it up, fuelly will reports actual MPG stats for you and the whole world (if you make it public which I recommend). I read this here on Prius Chat but didn't understand how Fuelly works, and that you can't know how much fuel the dealer put in (usually).

Also I like to remind new Prius v owners to play with the driver seat height adjuster lever (pump it several time up or down) because it took me several weeks to figure out how exactly it worked. It makes a difference in height and pitch/angle or the driver seat and really contributes to the comfort of the driver.

Enjoy your new car and have fun reading and contributing here on Prius Chat.

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard and be sure to sign up for the Blizzard Brigade.

4. Guill

Guill Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Welcome to the forum! We've only had our V for 2 months/2600 miles, but we already love our Prius V!

5. Wanderer

Wanderer Hybrid neophyte

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Welcome! I'm just over a month and still learning mine but having a great time in the process.

Enjoy! W

6. catgic

catgic Mastr & Commandr Hybrid Guru

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    RedPepper -Welcome to the Prius v Hybrid Hive, Nova Scotia Synod, and to the Fight In The War On Petrol Terrori$m, One Gallon Of Gasoline Not Used At A Time.

With Nova Scotia’s springtime here, and summer to follow, you are transitioning into “Hybrid Friendly” warmer weather like that which we enjoy here in Florida USA mostly all year around.

It will give you a good opportunity to “Get Up On The Step” regarding learning how to drive the Prius v “Caddy In A Kimono” Hybrid $mart to achieve stellar MPG fuel economy numbers in the 50s MPG range.

I invite you to click on the link in my signature to my Ten Tips To Prius Ultra High MPG Guide. The tips there about pre-operative set-up and hybrid driving technique can help raise your MPG-FE numbers up into the low-to-mid 50s MPG range as your weather warms up.

CANADIAN & NOVA SCOTIA FWIW FYI: Some years ago, I spent a period of time serving as a U.S. Navy Exchange Officer with the RCN doing consulting duties on Airborne Anti-Submarine Warfare, as we were helping introduce the Grumman S-2/CS2F “Tracker” Submarine Hunter-Killer Aircraft [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grumman_S-2_Tracker ] (As Canadian-built by deHavilland Canada with Canadian Designation: CP-121) to the MOD and Maritime Forces Atlantic (MARLANT) folks at Royal Canadian Naval Air Station (Canadian Forces Base) Shearwater, Halifax, NS.

I do not know you have ever visited the Shearwater Aviation Museum “Heralding the History and Technology of Canadian Maritime Military Aviation” [ http://www.shearwateraviationmuseum.ns.ca/exhibits/tracker.htm ] located adjoining the entrance to CFB Shearwater. If you have not visited the museum there, I would put visiting the Shearwater Aviation Museum on your list of Summer 2012 “Must-Make” getaway-excursions in your new, 2012 Canadian, Blizzard Pearl PvLUX Petrol Warfighter. Halifax is a great seacoast town with some great seafood restaurants. It would be worth you time driving to Halifax to see it, from wherever you live in Nova Scotia.

You may also want to check out the Prius v “Caddy In A Kimono” group at http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/caddy_in-a_kimono/ I just reported there the MPG-FE performance I logged on a recent Over-The-Road, Interstate Highway driving 1,000-mile round trip I made, including some observations on what was a less than wonderful performance by the NAV Lady and the Entune Navigation System. :plane:

7. redpepper

redpepper New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks everyone!

Chazz, I did sign up on fuelly and will report publicly. I also refuelled the v at about 80 kms to top up the tank from the dealer. It took 3 litres, lol. Our gas prices are currently at $1.40 CAD per litre and climbing every week, so this Prius v is a welcome change from our old Acura MDX (15 L/100km CITY 11 L/100km HWY) :eek:

Catgic, thanks for all the great info, I've read through most of the tips on driving on your page before we even test drove a v. I'm putting all the knowledge to use now, and trying to pass on the techniques to my wife as well, who will be using the v for commuting. Its been a while since I've been to the Shearwater museum, but good to put on the list for sure!

We waited 5 weeks for the Blizzard Pearl..... we could have gotten into a red with bisque interior the first day, but we're glad we waited!