1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P1121, P1116 Replaced Coolant Control Valve, Red Triangle

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Bryan D., May 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryan D.

Bryan D. New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey guys,
    So I drive a 2008 and a couple months ago I started getting the Check Engine Light. Codes P1121 & P1116. Found out it was most likely related to a faulty Coolant Control Valve or Electric Water Pump. Since the pump was just recently changed I went ahead and got the valve changed.

The light is still coming and going but now when I go on the expressway that red triangle with the exclamation pops on with a little beep. Only pops on for a couple seconds and keeps coming back until I drive a bit slower.

Any idea what might be going on and how it might relate to the Coolant codes? I've read about draining the coolant fluid and about topping it off. Coolant looks full and I don't hear any air bubbles.

Let me know what you think before I spend another fortune trying to figure it out at the mechanic!!

Thanks!
    Bryan

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.