1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

packages and options for 2010 Prius in the Bay Area

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by muaythaisport, Jul 22, 2009.

1. muaythaisport

muaythaisport New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi all,

I've been lurking a here a few weeks trying to do some research and wanted to ask people from the Bay Area, Is it possible to get the 2010 prius IV without the Navigation System?

We really wanted a Classic Silver trim III with leather but the dealer here priced the dealer installed leather seats at 2950.- Then building your own at the Toyota site, I found that trim IV comes with manufacturer installed leather but could not build one without a nav system.

I tried other zipcodes outside of california, and found that I could build a trim IV without Nav system.

My question is, is the trim IV without the nav system available here in the bay area?

Also how good are those dealer installed leather seats and what is a fair price for them? (Honda is asking for 1,000 for dealer installed leather)?

Thank you very much to you all.

2. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Wow, that's a new record.

3. son of aeneas

son of aeneas New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'd recommend contacting Dianne Whitmire at Manhattan Beach Toyota -- or just checking out her postings of her incoming inventory on the Dealers & Pricing forum. It only costs $250 to truck a car up to the Bay Area (and if you're nice, she might split the cost with you).

4. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I've got to believe the larger dealers can get pretty much whatever they want.

FWIW, I bought mine at Sunnyvale Toyota (David Coleman), which is one of the largest Prius volume dealers in the country.

5. muaythaisport

muaythaisport New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks very much for the reply guys.

Yes, the $2,950.- was a bit much i think.

Am calling the dealers around here.

Will also contact Dianne soon.

Thanks again guys.

6. royrose

royrose Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    You are correct in noting that the region that California is in does not get the IV without the nav. Diane apparently works very hard for her customers, but she would have to do a swap with a distant dealer. You would probably do better checking dealers in Oregon where dealers can get IV without nav in their regular allocation. I have one on order with a dealer in Portland.

7. emelr

emelr New Member

Model:
    III

You should definitely contact Dianne (

8. cantgoback

cantgoback Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    In CA you cannot get IV or V w/o Nav. That was the reason I chose V over IV. Otherwise I think I would have just gotten IV w/o Nav if it were available.

If you're willing/inclined to travel a little north, Oregon offers IV w/o Nav.