1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pandora Entune Problem

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by stargex, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Big Steve

Big Steve ramblin wreck

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Verizon -> iPhone 4 -> USB -> sonds good and resumes when I get in car on next day.

Two days now.

What carrier are you using?

2. d2mini

d2mini Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    iPhone 4 and I'm using AT&T which works great. It doesn't seem to be a problem with the carrier. I can start playing pandora on my phone right now and it works fine. But through entune I don't get any sound, even though it shows that pandora is streaming through just fine.

3. d2mini

d2mini Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Ok, here's some more info.
    Last night I was trying to figure out why I wasn't getting any sound. I was turning bt on and off, disconnecting/reconnecting the phone, etc. When going through the Audio screen and the different tabs, I was under APPS and connected my phone. Then the entire screen was replaced with a blue vignette and large type that read "AUDIO OFF". And it stayed like this, with no options to turn audio on or anything. So for some reason, when the phone is connecting, the audio is turned off. So then I went and clicked on the BT Audio tab which starts playing my ipod music off my phone and that works just fine. Since I now have some sound, i clicked on the apps tab again which brought me back to Pandora and whatta ya know?! Sound!

This morning i get in the car. I place my phone in the holder (attached via usb cable), open up the entune app, start the car, phone and portable player connection is successful, I click the info/apps button, open up apps.... and it says an app must be open on my phone. This happens pretty much every time! So i reboot the phone, open up the entune app and now Apps on the car works, I open up Pandora and no sound. I go back to the Audio screen, click on the BT Audio tab, and it starts playing my ipod music. I click the Apps tab, it switches back to Pandora and I have sound again.

So there definitely seems to be something between the car and the phone that is turning off audio when trying to use pandora. But I can't find any settings or any way to prevent this from happening. Any ideas???

4. Big Steve

Big Steve ramblin wreck

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Dennis, strange behavior --- forme today is day three where I have gotten in car, plugged iPhone into USB and start car. Pandora automatically resumes. (twice today)

Tomorrow, I will go away from Pandora for the first time, turn car off afterwards. Then I'll try to resume Pandora on next start, and advise.

5. d2mini

d2mini Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    That never works for me.
    Most of the time, entune apps won't even load because it says an app needs to be running on my phone when the entune app is already running on my phone. So i need to restart my phone and then start the process all over again.

Why does it work for some and not for others???

6. d2mini

d2mini Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Just got off the phone with a Toyota CS rep and one of the first things he asked was if my wifi was turned on, on my phone. It is. So he said turn that off. It interferes with BT.
    I'll try and report back.

7. jsfabb

jsfabb Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I was having some problems with audio until I went for my 5K service. I had them load up the latest version (1.84) of entune. I haven't had any problems since. If my music doesn't play right away, I just make sure I have the entune app running on my iPhone and that seems to work.

8. d2mini

d2mini Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    The changes above are working!
    Been in and out of the car about 6 times now and pandora has started up every single time, by itself when i start the car, or manually after switching from satellite radio while driving. Zero issues.
    This is with both bits of advice: No wifi and not plugged into usb.
    I'm going to try plugging into the usb and see if I still get the audio issue. But at least I know how to work around that one. I like the fact that my phone can charge in its cradle while I drive.

JJay likes this.
  9. Jerry Mcl

Jerry Mcl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yes!!!!! I get the same problem about 60 % of the time. Pandora will open up and play but not sound. I have to re-sync my phone and open up the Pandora app on my IPhone 4S to get the sound......

10. MandyTee

MandyTee 2012 Prius Three ~ Classic Silver Metallic

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Huh. Mine is the opposite way. I have an iPhone 3g on AT&T and Entunes only works when I plug in via USB. Bluetooth works if I don't plug in via USB but features are limited and the "play artist" commands & such don't work via bluetooth. Everything works awesomely if I plug in, which I almost always have to do anyway, as my on death's doorstep 3g iPhone is pretty screwed up. The battery goes from 100% to zero in about 2 hours, so I'm pretty used to keeping it plugged in amyway. Just a few more days for iPhone 5.....