1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pandora has poor sound quality?

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by habaneroC, Jun 23, 2012.

1. habaneroC

habaneroC Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Anyone having issues with Pandora sounding awful when played through Entune? On my PC4, it's like listening to music someone is playing over the telephone. My iPod/iPhone sounds great. Radio and Satellite radio all are great, but when my Sirus XM trial expires, I want good sound from Pandora!

2. Daze

Daze Prius C Owner

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    yeah its quite a shame. I have the same issue. As far as i know, everyone has this. The only way to play pandora clearly is to stream it via your smartphone if you have one and connect it via bluetooth or aux.

3. habaneroC

habaneroC Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Actually, I may have just figured it out. On the Entune app on the iPhone, if you select Pandora, there is a button "Make my Pandora sound like crap". Something about accepting poor quality to preserve bandwidth. I turned it off, but I haven't been in the car yet to see the difference.

onlineid615 likes this.
  4. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Word has it the new software update that's being mailed out fixes this.

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I leave the sound quality options on low quality on my phone but on the car I use the higher quality option. With the new update I think it sounds fine. Well as fine as the OE stereo is going to sound.

6. dellrio

dellrio Im pretty much awesome

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Sounds way better after the software update - too bad they did not fix the shoddy connectivity issues.

7. habaneroC

habaneroC Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I had issues with connectivity via cable. I changed the cable and it made a HUGE difference. Now, I rarely get breaks in the music. I am waiting for the software update still.

8. Daze

Daze Prius C Owner

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Software update? Is this automatic? How do i get the software update for my C?

9. dellrio

dellrio Im pretty much awesome

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    You should be getting a USB stick in the mail. It comes with instructions, but really you just turn on the car and put in the stick (while parked) and it does the rest. I believe someone posted the update on here for download as well, you can download the files to a USB stick and use that to update if you dont want to wait on the mail. I got my update on Monday.

Daze likes this.
  10. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I wouldn't suggest using the file that was uploaded by the Prius c guys unless you have a c.I tried it in my GenIII and it didn't work. I was stuck in software update mode until my USB came in the mail.

11. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Be careful when you select high quality audio in Pandora as it uses way more data on your phone. I tried it for a day and it quickly nailed 2 gig of data on my phone.

Mike

12. habaneroC

habaneroC Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I still have unlimited data on my ATT iPhone. I wouldn't give that up for all the tea in China! Unfortunately, it still sounds bad. My USB drive still hasn't come yet....