1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Panel removal + moisture barrier questions

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by col127, Apr 5, 2013.

1. col127

col127 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hi all,

Going to start sound deadening soon and had questions:

#1 Moisture barrier - I'm thinking it's there for a reason so I don' want to remove it (would like to put it back) - so how do you remove it without ripping it? It's really stuck to that black goop...

#2 Do you put deadening material on the door cover as well (the plastic trim that you remove)? Or just on the actual door itself?

#3 Ran into issues when trying to take apart my car - since I'm not too savvy on what to do... :p Wheel wells in the back - I couldn't figure out how to remove the pieces off - I saw there were 3 screws holding it in place - but I couldn't figure out how to get them off

#4 Floor carpets - how to remove? do you have to remove the seats to do that ? How do you remove the seats?

#5 Headliner - is this hard to take off? What's the process?

Thanks for any help!

2. maddog61

maddog61 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Why are u adding sound deadening..... the c is not that noisy..........your just adding weight????????

3. col127

col127 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    it's very noisy imo. i drive luxury cars and there's a huge contrast with this car.

4. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    you can remove it and stick it back on. the goop is sticky enough, unless your car is too old or the weather is too cold.