Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Panic button doesn't work on base Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen II Prius Technical Discussion' started by luckyboy, Jul 29, 2007.

Social Buttons

1. luckyboy

luckyboy New Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2007 base prius with no option (no smartkey). I was told I could not program the car to make the "beep" when I lock the doors, but recently I also discovered the panic button on my FOB does nothing. Is this normal for a a base prius without the smart key (or alarm options)?
  2. chunky

chunky New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(luckyboy @ Jul 29 2007, 05:45 PM) [snapback]487227[/snapback]</div>

I too have a base model and thought the panic button didn't work when I tried it. But then I read you have to hold the button down for a second or too: Bingo - action, lights, camera!

If I may add a rant: thank heavens you can't get the car to beep! Beeping cars are incredibly irritating to those not involved with that particular car.....

Chunky
  3. priussoris

priussoris New Member

Thats the only thing about the fob I do not like , Is the panic button, if you bend down the button hits your keys and off it goes.
    Be glad it does not work, or you too could wake the neighbors at all hours :p

I would like to know how to disable that part of the fob :D
  4. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priussoris @ Jul 29 2007, 09:54 PM) [snapback]487249[/snapback]</div>

Tape a piece of stiff plastic over the back?
  5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Your Vehicle Year:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chunky @ Jul 29 2007, 09:29 PM) [snapback]487238[/snapback]</div>

I hate beeping doors on cars. The ones on the Prius use a softer sounding beeper instead of the car horn, so they aren't too bad.

Tom

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priussoris @ Jul 29 2007, 09:54 PM) [snapback]487249[/snapback]</div>

Open the fob and place a small piece of electrical tape over the contacts.

Tom