1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PC'rs Going to Santa Monica Alt Car Expo 9/30?

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by hill, Sep 30, 2011.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    AltCar Expo

Just wondering. Tomorrow is the Alt car Expo in Santa Monica Ca. Actually it starts this after noon, today, Friday . . . . but the big day will be tomorrow. If anyone wants a ride on the way up (always looking to get more bang for the buck) - and their not too horribly off the 405 freeway rout from - starting down in south orange county - feel free to pm me. Should be a fun time for all.

I signed up to test drive a Coda EV (which I do NOT have high hopes for). I swear, within 30 seconds of hitting 'enter' the Coda people called me up to say all the Saturday time slots were filled up. Very strange.

Besides Toyota's presence, even Post Bankruptcy Christler will be there!

Chrysler Goes Electric

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    There was a mighty crow at the Expo yesterday. I was hoping to test the PIP - production version. They must have had a dozen of the proof of concept PIP's there, and folk were really enjoying driving them around. No new grill/front end 2012's though. No Prius c either. Lots of questions were asked, after huge crowds drew around the hydrogen cars. Of course I HAD to ask;
    "how many years have manufacturers been developing these" ... and
    "how much do they cost"
    Sorry, but I couldn't resist. Any way - I DO like the new style of the 2012 hybrid Camry, and the metallic red PIP v.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.