1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Persona for 2014?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by socal13, Dec 22, 2013.

1. socal13

socal13 livin in the foothills...

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Does anyone know if there will be a 2014 Persona and will they make a Black Cherry Pearl model? I have seen very few BCP Personas this year and I really like mine! Distinctive! Have great holidays, everyone.

2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I could be wrong.
    But I thought I read a thread not so long ago proclaiming that Toyota was dropping the Persona for 2014.

I love the Black Cherry color and think the Persona's look great. Now they will just be that much more "special" moving forward.

3. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Collectors item :)

Mike

stephensprius likes this.
  4. -1-

-1- Don

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :)I really liked the unique features of the Persona, special 17" wheel, exterior colors. Would have been better if it offered the Advanced Technology Package as a option.

5. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm waiting for someone to buy the Plus Performance body kit and paint it to make a Persona Plus Performance. That'd be a rare Prius ;)

Mike

6. socal13

socal13 livin in the foothills...

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    A couple of other things the Persona should have had (for a special model):

JBL sound system. The Persona has a single disc cd player whereas my 2010 III had a six disc player with JBL.

Power seats. The manual seats are pretty uncomfortable with total lack of lumbar support. The softex is nice though.

7. stephensprius

stephensprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    my wife has the black persona 2013. I believe it was only 2013.

8. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You still liking that CRV EXL AWD :) Post some pics ;)

Mike

9. stephensprius

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I don't have pics here at work. I will tomorrow. :)
    The Honda is really very nice, spacious. I am not happy with fuel economy so far. Grant it, it's only been 1200 miles or so just over a month. But, I have only been averaging around 24 mpg. That is mostly highway driving. Thankfully, my wife still has her 13 Prius and we drive that on weekends. I know the CRV is larger, heavier and has AWD, but I hope i didn't make a big mistake.

10. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Put low rolling resistance tires on it and run them at 40 psi. You could also see if that motor will run on 0w20 oil as that helps lessen drag in the motor. I can drive a Sienna at 24 mpg in town ;) Your CRV is new and will get better as it breaks in. Do try different gas as I see my Kia Soul can give a couple more mpg on certain gas than others. 2 mpg really isn't much but I see it on the mpg meter and my calculations :)

Mike

11. stephensprius

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I have seen the new Kia Soul and I actually kinda like it. I still don't know how I feel about Korean cars though. I prefer Honda, Toyota and would really like a Lexus- even used.

12. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Kia Soul is another super reliable vehicle. Kind of weird looking, but oh so nice interior and wicked audio system. Super awesome headlamps for night driving too. Also should mention, zero squeaks or rattles or any weird stuff. Very high build quality. 10yr/100k mile warranty blows away many other brands other than Hyundai as they are the same company :) Swing by a dealer and check them out in person. Kind of fun just nosing around a dealership checking out different vehicles even if you have no desire to make a purchase.

Speaking of Lexus, ever drive an Identity Theft aka RX-350? $50k plus but it has the Mad Powa 3.5 liter V6 of a Sienna with a seriously fancy interior :)

Mike

13. stephensprius

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I have not driven any Lexus before. Love their interiors, the leather always looks nice. The new one's have bamboo wood which looks beautiful.

I might take a look at the Kia Soul. My mom had one. Never went in it though. Now my father-in-law has one too, not brand new. SO not sure what they did to the new one. I just know the exterior is a little more interesting.

14. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Kia Soul is way cool. Go drive one and see. You might like it. Make sure you drive one with the better audio system if you like music. I listen to Pandora in my car always. Very well designed system, not muddy one bit, crisp high freq sounds too. BTW, the Bluetooth works every time :) Wish my Prius would learn that trick :(

Mike