1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Phone rings, no sound

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by diederick76, Feb 7, 2014.

1. diederick76

diederick76 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

A month ago I bought a 2004 Prius with navigation and bluetooth. I paired it succesfully with my Google/LG Nexus 4 (Android 4.4.2). Now when I press the "call"-button on my steering wheel and enter a number, my phone dials that number, but when it is answered, I hear the sound over the phone's speaker, instead of the car's. The car's microphone doesn't seem to be picking up anything either.

Can someone tell me what I should do? If more info is needed, please ask.

Thanks for any help.

B.T.W. searching this forum for "Nexus" is very hard, because TapaTalk's default signature is included in the search results.

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    my phone has a touchscreen button to choose car or phone speaker & mic. I have a galaxy II, so I don't know if your phone has this option.

3. diederick76

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My Nexus 4 has that button too. During a call, I can switch between "handset", "speaker" and "bluetooth", but that didn't work. I reconnected the phone using the "BLUETOOTH HANDS FREE" option instead of the earlier "INTEGRATED HANDS FREE" that I appeared to have been using. That did the trick! I can now use the car's speakers/mic with incoming and outgoing calls, and answer incoming calls using the button on the steering wheel as well.

Thanks!

4. diederick76

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Except that it only worked one time after connecting phone and car, and Google's suggestion (reset phone to factory settings) didn't make any difference either. CyanogenMod 11's bluetooth however appears to work perfectly with my Prius.

Should anyone be interested.

5. Justmeprius

Justmeprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just bought '04 prius for my mother. Same situation, tried everything for about an hour or so, then changed Name from "INTEGRATED HANDS FREE" to "BLUETOOTH HANDS FREE" and it seem that everything is working fine, microphone, speakers I was able to hear, other person heard me well while I was speaking.
    And unfortunately, after retesting second time, made a call, and - silence like it was from beginning. Tried to re-change Name from one to other again and again, no difference. What I managed, is that while on call, other person hears beeping sound when I entering the "dial" menu! But there is no any sound through mic or from other person through speakers for me.
    What it might be, how is it possible? How to make everything work properly? Maybe there is some kind of microphone turn off and on hidden selection or smth. Anything? Thanks
    I will make a video also and upload tomorrow so question can be understood clearer if needed.
    Tried with 2 Nokia phones Win7 Lumia800 and win8 Lumia925