1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Picked up the WonderBus (aka 2016 Hypersonic Red 4) this week. .

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by CrunchyRN, Aug 31, 2016.

1. CrunchyRN

CrunchyRN New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I traded in my 2010 red Prius with 133k this week for a 2016 Hypersonic Red 4 with the ATP and the PC package.
    I'm loving it! Got the extended warranty up to 125k miles, 0%, and my friend bought my 2010. Win-win-win.

Looking at getting the windows tinted this week (probably 35 front/20 back and sunroof), and the dealer threw in the Ziebart DiamondGloss and interior protection which will be done Friday.
    I really like all the advanced safety features as well as the leather seats, and I'm looking forward to fall/winter to use the heated seats. The only thing I am considering upgrading is the wheels. . the plastic wheel covers make me crazy! So frustrating you can't get the 4 Touring with a sunroof! What the heck Toyota!
    This is my first ever brand new car!
    Any tricks or tips for the ATP? I'm figuring it all out, and trying not to just sit in my car and play with the tech when I get somewhere LOL! 20160829_202243.jpg

Montgomery, DonDNH, KimPrius3 and 6 others like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats! cute kids! (car's not bad either):p all the best!

3. robsnyder20

robsnyder20 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Congrats on your new car! The DRCC (dynamic range cruise control) works awesome down a major road, less useful on two way roads but still works. TIP: You can tap the throttle if the person in front is turning and it will maintain speed instead of it slamming on the brakes to match the car you're following. The (LKA) Lane Keep Assist is nice but I find isn't as well refined in all situations as in the DRCC but is nice to have. One thing or tip that took me weeks to learn is what the blue bar going back and fourth is/or means, on the hybrid indicator screen. That is ideal throttle for best MPG. If you stay there or slightly more, you should easily hit high 50 MPG + on all your commutes.

pakitt likes this.
  4. sttkailua

sttkailua Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    RN,

Nice color choice!;)
    Got the same upgrades as you.
    Like the rear view camera, blind spot indicator, HUD.

Enjoy the smooth, quieter, ride. Better handling.
    Increased MPG!

stt

KimPrius3 likes this.
  5. MichelleStone

MichelleStone Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Turn them all on with the most stringent alarms. You can back off on them once you figure out how they work. Be advised that the Lane Keep Assist may let you wander a great deal into an adjacent lane before corrective action is taken. So make sure you test this one out when you are the only one on the road. It gets upset at me when I get to a curvy section and tend to cut the corners some. It advises me to take a break and have a cup of coffee from time to time. I don't like coffee. Pooh! ;)

Adaptive cruise is supposed to be used only on freeways but I use it all the time on my mountain roads. This thing is absolutely freakin wonderful.

Set up some soft plastic buckets in your garage and see how close you come before the sonar sensors start beeping. Or conversely, you could have one of your darling children stand in front of the car... ha!

I have yet to try the auto assist parking features. I don't go anywhere where I need worry about backing into a parking spot! As soon as I find one though, I'll give it a go.

Set up your HUD and use it. You won't look at the dash mounted controls much afterwards. I have never ever been able to properly see my speed through my steering wheels. I don't know why, but the steering wheel has always been in the way. With the HUD, I have a clear view of the road and have all the info right where I need it. Set up the speed limit to be cautionary and a little speed limit sign will show up in the HUD when you enter a different speed zone. Also the turns are indicated when you are using the navigation system.

Oh... and check out the stereo. You will love it.

6. c-man

c-man ordered my c

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    ----Canada----
    Congrats...that red is definitely the best color. Though the blizzard pearl is slowly growing on me. (ours was a demonstrator so we didn't get to choose)

7. CrunchyRN

CrunchyRN New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks everyone! I'm still trying to get it all figured out. Appreciate the tips!!

alanclarkeau likes this.
  8. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The Manual makes good bedtime reading - EXCEPT - I've read "AHA!!" bits and wanted to go straight out to Samantha and try them out. Yes, I've actually got up and gone out to check a couple of times.

9. KimPrius3

KimPrius3 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My tip to you . . . "Power Mode" can become addicting, so use it in small doses. :sneaky:

CrunchyRN and sttkailua like this.
  10. MichelleStone

MichelleStone Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    In power mode, my Prius handles better than my Chevy that I traded in.

RCO and krmcg like this.
  11. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I agree with MichelleStone on the HUD and JBL stereo.
    The HUD allows me to keep my eyes on the road more because it projects the speed right onto the windshield/road. I don't have to look at the two information screens as frequently. The HUD is my favorite feature and I'm so glad I did not get a Four Touring!
    Initially, I got the convenience package primarily for the parking sensors, but I have been pretty impressed by the sound quality of the JBL speakers. The premium sound system on a Tesla or Acura sounds far better, but they are also far more expensive than Toyota's.

CrunchyRN and Scuderia Priusi like this.
  12. Maggs

Maggs Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I don't know.....The HUD doesn't show the little green car when the car goes into EV mode. That means I am constantly looking at the dashboard to find the little green car EV mode indicator. :)

RCO likes this.