1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PiP - Hayward Toyota dealer demanding $595 over negotiated pre-order price

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by vine, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vine

vine New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hi all,
    I just got a call from the dealer that my PiP would be available on thursday next week. I originally got $1000+ off MSRP in my negotiated price.

Negotiated Price - $ 31,906

MSRP - $32,925 ($32,000+ 225 (mats) + 760 (destination))

However, they are now saying that they got the following unexpected charges in the invoice

TDA .........................................: $ 595.00
    Gasoline ....................................: $ 14.24

They are saying that they can do $200 over invoice. If I do not want to pay it, I can give up the car. I need the car. I have been waiting all these months. I know that the PiP is in high demand and they probably have several offers from those who did not pre-order.

I was originally given a quote from my local dealer for $500 below MSRP. Since Hayward Toyota was offering $ 1000 below MSRP, I went with them even though it is 2+ hour drive from my place.

I am okay with paying this money if this was really an unexpected thing for them - but I have a hard time beleiving that Toyota decided to stick an unexpected charge on the invoice. If this is really bait and switch, I should only be paying what is on my negotiated price.

They say that they are only asking for $200 over invoice. To me, this is fair - but from what I know, dealers get other incentives to cover costs. What bothers me is that I feel they are doing a bait and switch and the fact that I have to drive 2+ hours to get the car when my local dealer had offered it for the same price they are now agreeing to sell the car.

Diane,
    If you read this thread, I would really appreciate your thought on this. I would have ordered from you if I lived in So Cal. My experience with dealers has not been a good one and I understand that you are quite an exception. I really value your opinion here.

All,
    All, how much did you get your pip for? Anyone get more than 500 below MSRP? Your opinions?

Thanks

Vine

PS: I will be posting in the PIP forum as well - I know it is double posting - but most ppl would be reading only the PiP thread.

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.