1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PiP - Hayward Toyota dealer demanding $595 over negotiated pre-order price

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by vine, Apr 22, 2012.

1. vine

vine New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hi all,
    Just a short note for now. I am really tired for the details- had a really long day - I will post tomorrow. I am in possession of the car and am back home. Things went extraordinarily well at the dealership. The person I was talking to explained things along the same lines as Erica. When I see her confrm that, I tend to believe them. It still does not justify all their actions- but I don't want to hold a grudge against them.

The car is sitting in the garage getting charged. My wife would be taking it to work tomorrow. Let the journey begin.

2 people like this.
  2. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Congrats, vine..glad things worked out and you got your PiP

3. delz

delz Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Congrats, vine!!! Glad to hear it's been resolved and you finally can relax and enjoy it to the fullest.

4. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congrats--enjoy.

5. ronlprius2

ronlprius2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I picked up my base model PIP from Putnam last night at the agreed upon price ($500 below list). I added the 7/100K platinum warranty and Permaplate/fabric guard for what I consider to be a very reasonable price. The car came without mats of any kind - the first time out of 3 Prius cars. Is that how it's supposed to work?

Does anyone know about the "PriusChat swag bag" that we were all promised?

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    if you wanted mats, you had to order them when you built your car. not sure about the swag, is putnam a certified p/c dealer?

7. devprius

devprius /dev/geek

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Putnam is a PriusChat certified dealer. It's why I got $500 off of MSRP without having to negotiate. I'm still waiting for my swag bag as well. I sent a PM to Danny, but haven't heard anything back as of yet.

8. ely105

ely105 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Be careful on getting those add-ons at the dealer. Typically you aren't getting the best deal you can. Look at other threads here on warrantys, service, etc.

-mark

9. hmcgregor

hmcgregor New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    We ordered the mats with the car, mostly because we have kids and I did not know how long it would take PriusChat to get them in stock.

You can order the mats via PriusChat (either All weather, or carpet) at a very nice price.

Warranty, we will be buying via the PriusChat link (search the forum to find it), at a much lower cost then the dealer.

I am not entirely happy with the Toyota Warranty. After about noon local time on Saturday the dealer can not verify coverage. This has caused us major issues with Air Conditioning repairs that were covered, including having to drive through the California desert back to Tucson without Air Conditioning because it was July 4th weekend and the Anaheim area dealers did not have blower fan, AND could not verify warranty.

10. radiocycle

radiocycle Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Please let us know when you hear back devprius, I was wondering the same thing myself...

11. tplus

tplus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I picked up my Prius Plugin in Blizzard Pearl last Saturday evening from Autowest Toyota, Hayward. Had to wait a while; typically weekends are busy, especially the last weekend of the month. They were courteous and polite. When we went for a test drive my PIP only had 1 mile on the odometer; drove it up/around CSUEB and then back. So my contract indicates 5 miles. All fees were correct and appropriate. My deposit was accounted for and we drove home in our long-awaited PIP.

12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats!

13. minori

minori New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model: