1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Planning to replace a broken antenna, but in the meantime???

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by lauries, Feb 27, 2012.

1. lauries

lauries Let's live all day

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have a Gen III Prius, and I noticed that the antenna is broken; I'm talking, half way cut. To be blunt, I don't know how it happened, and I've always cared for my car (no scratches, has never broken down on me). I've been super careful with driving it around especially where I go to college. Side body moldings were worth the investment because I've seen so many dinks on other cars.

So what I did to hold it in place was using scotch tape (the super sturdy kind) around it twice so it wouldn't bend backwards and break.

Anyways, I'm going to a Toyota Service Center on Tuesday to fix an oil maintenance problem, so I will ask them to fix the antenna too. Does anybody know how much it will cost to replace it? I'm super worried the wind or rain will rip it off from the roof of my car when I'm driving to school tomorrow..

Got tips? Or someone with positive things to say? :eek: :(

2. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
  3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I checked the fit of my 08 Prius antenna on the 12 Vee and they interchange and work fine. So push come to shove, find an aftermarket 08 compatible antenna like this one

4. Cactus Hybrid

Cactus Hybrid Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I replaced my antenna with a Shark Fin antenna and no more worries and looks great. It should have came stock. I can sell you my old antenna if you really want the OEM. I have a 2012 v.

5. dhanson865

dhanson865 Expert and Devil's advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius