1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Plastic wheel rims removed today.... Pics added

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by wtfjr, Sep 24, 2006.

1. wtfjr

wtfjr New Member

FYI - today I removed the four plastic wheel rims, & the car does look some what better. I was surprised to see just how small these rims were. They actualy add very little to the appearance of the Pruis, if any.
    Try it, you might like it.
    BTW, I did have to wash the wheels after the removal.
    Later....

Attached Files:

2. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

Some people like the wheels with the rims and some like them without the rims. I like the rings because I feel that the wheels look more aerodynamic and "finished"; besides, they underscore the hybrid theme, in this case plastic and metal together.

Don't discard the rims, you'll want to put them back on when you trade in the car for the new generation 2009 model. Leaving them out will lower the car's resale value because a prospective buyer may point out that a factory original component is missing.

3. DavidTO

DavidTO New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Festus @ Sep 24 2006, 04:43 PM) [snapback]324438[/snapback]</div>

You want someone to put on/take off their rims, and take pictures before and after, so that you don't have to take off your rims to see what they look like without? Really? Why would anyone do that for you when you won't do it for yourself? It's not rocket science, or even difficult. Just pull them off, put them on.

4. Festus

Festus New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DavidTO @ Sep 24 2006, 06:50 PM) [snapback]324440[/snapback]</div>
    I believe you may have missed the point. If there are others reading these forums because of interest in buying this car, they might want to see what people are talking about (with regard to this topic). The with/without rims debate has popped up before. A number of people here post photos of their cars. So, I don't think it's a giant chore to add a caption that says "This is my Prius with the rims removed".

Again, it's not for me. The posts here are for everyone to learn from. :)

5. wtfjr

wtfjr New Member

I'll post a pic on Monday AM for those who'd like to see a Prius w/o the plastic rims.
    Later....

6. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  7. wtfjr

wtfjr New Member

A bump to the top.

8. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Odd how these pictures look OK, but when Firestone forgot to put them back on after a new set of tires, I WANTED them back on. Newer cars got better rims?...

9. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Sep 24 2006, 09:46 PM) [snapback]324536[/snapback]</div>
    That's where I would've sent anyone wanting pictures. Too bad you don't have that set up like the Sharkfin antenna pictures. :)

10. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have mine off, but have gone through phases in the past of taking them off for awhile, then putting them back on. I like the sporty look with them off, but it makes the wheels look larger when they are installed. If you do leave them on, I'd suggest pulling them off when you wash the car to get all the crud out from behind them so it doesn't corrode the wheels in case you decide at some point to run without them. Or not, as you see fit.

11. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Sep 25 2006, 07:55 AM) [snapback]324658[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah... should have thought of that and used a tripod.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wtfjr @ Sep 25 2006, 07:20 AM) [snapback]324641[/snapback]</div>
    Good lord, why?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mikepaul @ Sep 25 2006, 07:33 AM) [snapback]324645[/snapback]</div>
    Nothing has changed. The wheels are all the same.