1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Plug-in California Single Occupant Carpool Lane Use Stickers

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Steve Livingston, Dec 20, 2011.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    So, here's an idea: Limit all private vehicles to one designated lane. Commercial vehicles other than for personal transportation would have another lane, and all the rest of the lanes would be for busses. Commercial means freight transport, delivery such as Fed Ex, UPS, USPS, utility vehicles used for repair work, and home services such as plumbers, electricians, etc., who legitimately need to get their equipment to the site of the job. Commercial vehicles used solely for personal transportation, such as taxis and company cars would be treated as private vehicles.

The lane for private cars would be so congested that people would take public transport and smog would be cut by 90%.

Of course, we'd have to put more busses in service, but that would just make them more convenient.

2. radiocycle

radiocycle Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I like it! [​IMG]

3. plchung

plchung Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I think DMV already has the new application form for Green Sticker. Does that mean federal approved the HOV use ? Check this updated form. You can select green decal. The only thing is that no qualifying cars are available on the market yet :)

http://dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg1000.pdf

4. badboy99

badboy99 Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Nice find my brother

RON PAUL 2012

5. epoints

epoints Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh Ya! :rockon:

Of course, government has to work the back nice person way... Damn it... now build those cars! The stickers are waiting....

6. tomstodola

tomstodola Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I called the California Air Resources Board (CARB ) who controlls the HOV sticker program this afternoon (to ask about my 2010 Prius if I install an Enginer kit). they told me the program has not been approved yet so no stickers are being offered at this time, and that no retrofit (Enginer, etc) has ever been approved for any sticker program.

7. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    The sticker request document itself shows plug-in hybrid choice and we already know that till a car gets to the production line, it's not going to show up on their bureaucratic radar for the time being.

I also wanted to respond to a few concerns about them running out of stickers in CA?

MATH: 40,000 total GREEN stickers that can ONLY be stuck on the bumper of a plug-in hybrid Prius, or possibly a VOLT 2012 after late Spring. Prius Production in year 1 for 14 total states is 15,000.

PLEASE do the math? There won't be enough cars to USE the stickers in CA for what's probably three whole years! For once, I predict more stickers than cars. At least in the first 2 years. Older models of the Volt won't qualify due to the emissions issues.

8. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The Senate Bill 535 has a clause requiring 45 MPG on the highway. Prius PHV should get the same as the liftback 48 MPG.

How would Volt with 40 MPG qualify? Perhaps it'll use the composite (EV+HV) figure?

9. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Gen I Prius isn't rated 45MPG hiway yet it has the sticker. Besides the 2012 Volt and PiP, Fusion Energi will also qualify for the green sticker.

10. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Wow Steve, you joined PC 7 years ago ... then make one post - and one post only - a half decade later. That thread gets boo coo comments, due to misunderstood info ... though the correct info has been posted and re-posted on PC ad infinitum. Those are the pearls that keep me coming back for more. I live for inexplicable.
    :p

11. OilFreedom

OilFreedom New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hi Dianne. When I bought my Leaf, I had to wait weeks to get my plates. Is there something special you do to accomplish this wonderful feat of DMV temporal acceleration?

12. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It's Dianne's magic! Actually, there's a qualifier she mentioned somewhere on the forum, which is the car has to be funded at the dealer (in other words paid for) before they will get the plates. Any dealer can do it, simply by going to the DMV in person from what I have heard before. Another example of the top-notch customer service Dianne's clients receive.:cheer2:

2 people like this.
  13. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    It's as Roger stated. I know how important the plate # is. Therefore, there's a way to get the plates super quick when the circumstances are right. And, my clients KNOW what I mean. I'd do anything to get you all back into the HOV lanes. That way you'll all be out of MY way (LOL) thru April and May!

1 person likes this.
  14. PRPrius

PRPrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    How I wish we had the HOV stickers in Texas! We don't even get a rebate or anything for purchasing a plug in hybrid.