1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PLUS Lowering Springs + Trailer Hitch?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by The Critic, May 5, 2012.

1. d2mini

d2mini Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Right, i got that. But I guess what I'm saying is the only reason it's "modified" was because you had the wrong size hitch for your bike rack. Or the wrong size bike rack for your hitch.
    When you first said it was modified I thought I was going to see some kind of useful/different improvement made to the hitch. That's why I asked. I just ordered the 1.25" Yakima Holdup (looks like your rack), and like you said, with the weight of the bikes not being even close to the max of the rack, it should be just fine.

2. mvrider

mvrider New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The backstory was in the linked post :)

3. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Installed the Hidden Hitch last night, and it works great. No clearance issues at all. Too bad it isn't shiny black.

4. wick1ert

wick1ert Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Good to hear. Which bike rack did you go with? Or have you not decided yet?

Mine was painted gloss black. Is yours not gloss? Or are you thinking shiny as in sort of reflective shiny?

5. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Mine is a matte black. I went with a Raxter Thorax on the 1.25. I go pick it up today.

But the more I think about it, I may also buy a 1upUSA for when I only carry one bike.

MB860 ? 2

6. eseymour72

eseymour72 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I've got the Black 2 bike version of the 1UP coming via UPS today - very excited!

7. d2mini

d2mini Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    FWIW, i only installed one of the trays on the Yakima Holdup since I usually only carry the one bike, and this will save me near 20lbs. If I ever want to carry a second bike, two bolts will attach the other tray. IMHO, I'd rather have the option for two.

[​IMG]

8. sharonf

sharonf New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Is everyone using a class 1 hitch and not a class 2? i want to really be sure this is not an issue because the Yakima tech sort of scared me today! I am about to go get a hitch installed and they tell me there are no Class 2's for the 2011 Prius. I can't find any online so I believe them. My bikes are not heavy but I could not get the rep to budge one inch on their no prius for the Holdup stance. I don't like any of the other racks as much as the Holdup. I bought the rack last night to match the 1.25 reciever on the hitch being installed today. Thank you for your input!