1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

P0AA6-526-612

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by flyboy09, Apr 25, 2015.

1. flyboy09

flyboy09 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    IMG_3309.JPG
    when i checked the voltage to the frame there were 2 battery modules that showed voltage leaking to the frame. The two removed batteries in question look fine...unable to determine the source of the corrosion...i did use the hybridautomotive.com battery charge, cell balancer 2 months ago after replacing one module...wondering if when charging and discharging when the corrosion happened. Not sure what to do next.

2. valde3

valde3 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Most likely the modules that have voltage leak have also acid leak. Acid leak can happen without any visible mark on the module. If you replace the modules that have voltage leak you’re probably ok. Of course battery condition other vice is a different story.

3. alekska

alekska Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Looks like a couple of modules at the center have leaked electrolyte .

Alex

4. HBS

HBS Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've encountered this same code before, and what I found is a module leaking acid at the bottom bolt receptacle. To be sure you are replacing the correct module, use your voltmeter to see if there is any voltage at the receptacle by connecting one lead to a terminal and one to the receptacle.

valde3 likes this.
  5. mc anic

mc anic New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just want to thank all that have posed about the P0AA6 error code. In Dec. 2017 I had the triangle of death and was able to repair the traction battery with help from this chat and videos on reconditioning it with hobby chargers. The detail codes were 526 and 612 indicating high DC voltage to chassis ground. Fortunately, by the Lords guidance, the hybrid battery was repaired, and I now have the means to deal with it.

I did have indication of slight leaking of electrolyte, but all modules charged and discharged good, and a few were slackers. I put the pack back in the 2008 Prius with 130k miles. It drove a bit then it shut down. Shure enough, voltage from -DC to ground was 103VDC to chassis and +DC to chassis was 105VDC. I removed the pack and disconnected the series wire harness to find that one module measured +.61VDC and -6.75VDC to ground at the mounting stud that connects to the chassis. This one module enabled the potential of the 100VDC to the chassis ground, although it charged and discharged good.

The cooling fan was dirty and the Texas summer was hot, so this probably contributed to the failure. Thank you again to all that have posted the information that I needed.

Mike