1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Port Options Floor Mats etc. Accessories?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by csriram45, Feb 24, 2012.

1. calbear

calbear Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Wonder if non-removable anchors will present a challenge for using Husky mats over them...

2. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I kind of have a hard time believing the hooks/anchors are "permanently" attached, even though the one poster said they are. It just doesnt seem likely they would be fastened to the carpet in a permanent way.

If I get to pick up my car today, I will let you know tonight how they fit and how the anchors work.

3. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Picked up my Toyota all-weather mats with the plug-in logo today. Took one day to get them at my local dealer. No cargo mat yet available for the plug-in. I haven't tried putting them in a regular 2012, but it looks to me like the anchors are in the same location. It looks like they have a twist-in plug rather than just a hook.

1 person likes this.
  4. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Can you post a pic of the drivers one? I was under the impression it was a 5 piece set which included the cargo mat. For 2010, mine came as a whole set (4 front mats and the cargo) for $200.

How much did they charge for the 4 mats?

5. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I asked my parts director to pre-order 5 sets of all-weather mats for this model. Just so I could have them in stock for ya'll.

6. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Dianne, weren't they 5 piece sets before? Are they in fact 4 piece now? I know for certain when I got my 2010 and ordered them they came as a whole complete 5 piece set for $200. Thanks!

7. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    When I spoke to one of the parts people at your dealership earlier this week, he said they did not yet have the mats available, that they would come "after the cars get here." Might be time to check with them again to make sure some mats are in stock.

8. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

How much were they Roger? Maybe they do come as a set of 5 and the cargo mats just aren't in yet and the parts dept's don't know?

9. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Mine were definitely only the four, for $110.92 plus tax. Can you give me a quick tutorial on how to post pics here? $97.76 for the cargo mat when they get it. These are not "list" prices, BTW.
    The anchor holes are approx 13.5" apart on center.

2 people like this.
  10. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks Roger! Ok then, so they didn't end up charging the same as previous but give one less mat. I would have been like wow if it was $200 for just the 4 front and then whatever for the cargo. Got it about not being list prices. Thanks for the info.

As for posting pics, goto the user cp button towards the top, under where the forum tree is, then goto pictures and albums, click on one of your albums (or make one if you don't have one) and then upload pictures on the upper left. :) If ya' have trouble shoot me a pm.

11. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    :(Sorry, that didn't work.

Paradox edit: Helping out :) Thanks so much for taking them Roger!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Oh yeah, those grommets are way different, and bigger, than the small holes in the all weather mats I have in my 2010.

Looks like there are far less channels though compared to my 2010 ones. They held up well though so I still like them and the white/tan letter contrast on the black makes the plug in hybrid part stand out pretty nice.

Thanks again for taking the time to take the pics and putting them on PC for me/us!

13. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Just a random fact: when the dealership gets the car, the mats are in a plastic bag in the back of the vehicle, and the dealership installs them before handing the car over to the customer. My dealer bent the rules and let me into the shop while they were doing their prep work on my Plug-in.

14. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Mark,
    Thanks for getting the pics up for me. I noticed the differences between the OEM all weathers I had in my '06, but they wore pretty well, and here in sunny So Cal we don't have much to worry about other than a little rain now and then. So I've got the mats, now all I need is the car! Waiting on the leather, so it will be the middle of next week.

15. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I put in my Husky mats. They fit the passenger side and rear very well (and I like how the rear goes from one side to the other, even covering the middle). However, on the driver side, I have it sitting on top of the anchors (I havent tried to remove them yet, will try tomorrow). They fit, and since the anchors are close to the driver seat, the small amount of lift from sitting on top of the anchors is not that noticeable and does not make the mat slide or move around at all. The grippy teeth on the bottom of the mat are actually really sharp and can be quite painful if not handled with care.

The other thing is, the mats I bought are for a 2010-2011 Prius. There's an indentation on the driver side mat for the fuel door opening lever. However, there is NO fuel door opening lever there on my car (not sure if its true of all 2012 Prius or just PiP - the fuel door opening button is on the lower left side dash, next to the side view mirror control).

Also, the anchors are not hooks like in the past. They are like "twist button closures" (I had to google that).. its like, you put the mat over the anchor, then twist the anchor to lock it in place.. so the anchor is sitting perpendicular to the opening in the mat, so it doesnt come loose).. here's a pic of what I'm talking about:

[​IMG]

Anyway, if I didnt already buy the Huskys, I'd have spent the extra for the Toyota PiP mats. I like the rear mat on the Husky tho.. wish I could mix and match.

16. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    So the twist in part comes with the car? None came with the mats.

17. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yeah, thats the anchor, not a hook anymore, just the twisty part

1 person likes this.
  18. C56spd

C56spd New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I didn't originally order any of the optional accessories when I ordered my car. Does anyone know if it is too late to have the lower rocker molding installed at the port or dealer, or will it be optional for me to buy/install? My deal didn't seem to know the answer to this.

I guess this means I didn't order floor mats either so I guess I will need to figure something out here as well. ...Just received an e-mail an hour ago stating that my car was built on 2-27. Should be on the water soon!!

19. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Does anyone know how much it is for an extra charger cable?
    It would be nice to leave one in the garage and one in the car- but depends on the price.....

20. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Nope, all I've been told is they are not cheap.it will be interesting to see how much they do want. Maybe dianne can see if they are listed yet in parts with a price?

EVO 4G ?.