1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Potentially good jumpstart cables for Prius: One Day sale only (22/07/10)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by 2k1Toaster, Jul 22, 2010.

1. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just letting everyone know about a deal I found on woot (Woot® : One Day, One Deal) For those of you who do not know, they have 1 item every day for 24 hours starting from 11pm MST until sold out. Nomatter what the item is (toy to tv to mattress) it ships for $5.

Anyways, they have "smart" jumper cables on now for $12.99 + $5USD shipping. You can connect them in any order and it will automatically set the correct polarity from the jumpstart source. But the thing I like for the Prius, is that it has surge protectors and essentially a delay from when you connect the cables physically, to when the electrical path is connected resulting in no sparks. In a car like te Prius where everything is computer controlled, I would not want sparking of anykind to disrupt and ECU. These cables seem perfect for that. And at 8awg, they are puny which makes them pretty substandard for most cars, but not the prius. Flexible, storable, and colourful for cheap.

Just letting you guys know about it. Remember that this time tomorrow, something else will be there not these jumper cables.

[​IMG]

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  3. jk450

jk450 New Member

1 person likes this.