1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Power Loss

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by jwads, Jan 23, 2012.

1. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Bad gas would give you all kinds of warning lights, from flashing check engine for misfires, to the red triangle. It would set codes like P030x, P0A0F, P3190, P3191. The only thing I can think of is some type of overheating: engine, battery, inverter, transaxle MGs. The battery in particular will cause some odd behavior for high heat level before setting a code. The good news, if that is possible, is that warranty coverage is at a minimum 5 years, 60K miles.

Is it completely random, or can you reproduce it? Under what conditions does it seem to happen? Is the gas engine running or not? What is the battery level?

1 person likes this.
  2. lorraine

lorraine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It appears to be completely random, which is the scary part. My dealer could not offer any explanation, which is not surprising since they are usually not very knowledgeable. I learn a lot more from this site.
    Thanks.