1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Powerall as a jump starter

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Jlouang, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Jlouang

Jlouang New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    A random person on my college campus started my car with this device call Powerall. I was shock at how small and simple it was. I search and look up the product. This would be good for the glove box. Are there anyone else that have any success from this product? Curious to see if it is worth the $99.90 on amazon.

A video below of the product in use

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  3. mediahound

mediahound Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Small units like this often don't work if you keep the car battery connected since the dead battery will absorb some of the power from the jump starter battery and therefore there won't be enough power to start the car.

I'm not saying this happens all the time, but is a possibility.

4. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The video clearly explains that the battery + cable should be disconnected from the terminal lug and then reattached after start up.

5. mediahound

mediahound Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four

Right, and this is not really standard procedure when jump starting. Usually you are able to leave the battery connected.

6. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Provided the car battery is not dead as a door nail, it would probably start the car okay without disconnecting the + cable. I went on YouTube and there is one clip where they claim that the device is good for 21 jump starts. Pretty impressive! So much so, that I'm going to drink the Kool Aid and purchase one. What's impressive about it is, you can use it to plug in your most of your portable devices. I think it's a really useful product. I wish I thought of it.

7. mediahound

mediahound Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It does seem pretty cool and only weighs one pound. Seems like fairly cheap insurance to take with you in your car all the time.

8. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Call me spontaneous ! I just got back from Fry's where I purchased one. The price was as good as could be had on Amazon (where they charge sales tax now). Kudos to the company. All the instructions are in English only !!!

9. Jackhag

Jackhag New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Sounds good but what is the life of the unit. If I keep it in my car for three years will it still have the power to jump start it?

10. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I believe it 's shelf life is about 3 months before it needs to be recharged. It also comes with a power cord for your power port, so if you want, you can keep it charged in the car.