1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2001 engine working but no panel (dashboard off) what is the problem?

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by la_amor_fashion, Feb 4, 2014.

1. la_amor_fashion

la_amor_fashion New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Today in the morning i run the engine on my Toyota
    Prius 2001, it works as normal then after 2 min the
    panel power is gone ( it just gave me a quick warning)
    then i switched off and on the engine, still works fine
    , i can drive forward and backward , but no power at the
    panel, power steering not working, no wipers , no lights, doors and windows are not working, computer screen off,the long panel for the speed, fuel ... all off, i have tested all the fuses near the passenger door they all works fine, then i disconnected the positive cable form the 12v battery for 1min , still no lights on the dashboard, what do i need to test next?

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Moved from the Prius v forum to the gen 1 forum.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

My suggestion would be to go to techinfo.toyota.com and download the wiring diagram manual. Maybe print the pages that show all the things you just listed as being without power. (Look toward the back of the book, there's a section with a condensed diagram showing everything on a bunch of contiguous pages, as opposed to the earlier sections that are broken out by the different systems.)

On the printed pages, highlight the things you're seeing without power, and trace the wiring backwards to see what they have in common upstream. With a meter, start poking around from that point and up.

-Chap

4. yotatoter

yotatoter Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Sounds like you have a bad main fuse blown somewhere. I would check the one back by the 12 volt battery and than go up under hood and check all of them. Sorry I don't know which one it will be..

5. AlexY

AlexY Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Check all fuses under the hood. When you will find faulty one need to find reason why it fail.