1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2010 Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT in dash nav

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by osa, Jan 30, 2011.

1. osa

osa New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So I tried to talk to a local Pioneer dealer and Pioneer customer service twice and every time I receive conflicting info. Maybe some of you own a previous version of this in dash nav and could help answer my question?

I am looking to buy the new AVIC-Z130BT navigation. Will I be able to connect the rear monitor in such way, that would allow me to use navigation upfront (with the sound coming out from the front set of speakers) and to play DVD in a back (with the sound coming through the rear speakers)? This way the navigation won't mute the DVD sound when it's time for the instruction on when to turn.

I only have 4 speakers in my car. Can I buy some sort of module/adapter to make this work in case it's not meant to be that way originally?

One lady in customer support told me it's not a "full dual zone" (???) and to utilize it would require the use of headphones for the second audio zone (which is not an option for us).

Will appreciate any help!

P.S. this is a repost as somebody suggested. I couldn't delete the privious one though. Sorry for overposting...

2. bAthinAzn

bAthinAzn New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    osa when does this unit come out?
    i heard april?? please confirm?
    man this unit it sick for sure
    hopefully they fix a lot of stuff from the previous gen...
    u would hit a song, hit back and get scrolled all the way back to the top
    doesn't make sense!!!!
    do you know any other additions to this HU?

3. osa

osa New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Pioneer customer support told me march/april. It's gonna have a built in HD radio + twitter/facebook + when connecting your iphone you could stream utube videos. All that stuff isn't that important to me, however it's gonna be CHEAPER than previous models, so i figured why not wait a month :)

1 person likes this.
  4. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I will add - read the avic411 reviews / comments on the Z120 - if they have not fixed Bluetooth (for calls), I would think twice. I have the Z120 with XM (have an unlimited XM thing that someone gave me), MSN - but really - I need BT calls - and it doesn't work (well - or acceptable for anyone in the business world)..

Maybe they fixed it (I doubt it) - it also affects voice recognition (very poor).

5. bAthinAzn

bAthinAzn New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    was it that bad?
    i heard BT music streaming is really good?
    like i said earlier i hate how it scrolls to the top when you hit "back" from selecting a folder
    since you got a z120bt
    do you need an additional cable to add a video input?
    or is it built in? i just wanna be able to hook up my ps2 with the new unit

6. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    BT music is perfect. The Z comes with an 'AUX in' - which has video - simple RCA component input cables are all you need (to connect PS to Z120) - the red/white/yellow one.

BT for calls (the mic input) is broken on all the Z120/Z110s. I say broken meaning it is pretty useless (noisy).

Outside of the BT calls, everything else works great.

1 person likes this.
  7. bAthinAzn

bAthinAzn New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    thanks rrolf i was confused because i google image pioneer avicz120bt back and didn't see any ports for the rca cables to go into
    i didnt know if i needed additional cables or if it was built in
    the rosen needed additional cables to run the ps2