1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius and a Gas Card a (Humorous) Cautionary Tale :-)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Widdletink, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Widdletink

Widdletink Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Hi All,

Well, I have had my car for 25 days now and just discovered a problem. Not with the car, but with the driver. Today I went to put my 3rd ever tank of gas in the car (1440 miles & 504 miles on last tank :)) when I discovered, much to my horror and to my husband's shock that I had lost my gas card.

Upon checking my mileage notebook (I keep it in the top glove box to record the number of gallons of gas I purchase, miles on ODO, MPG and cost) I found that my last fill up was on 2/17 - 11 days ago!

As I don't have to put gas in my car nearly as often as I used to in all my previous autos (I drive alot) I did not discover that the card was missing as soon as I might have otherwise.

The hubby was "concerned" (read that terrified) that the card could have been used by anyone for all that time and he would be liable for the charges as the credit card company would not excuse what was done before they were notified.

After a through search (read that ransacking of the bedroom and the dirty clothes pile) I found the card safely tucked in the back pocket of the jeans that I was wearing on the 17th so all was well that ended well.

The moral to this story is: With the Prius' infrequent need for gasoline, be sure that you check to ensure that you have your credit cards safely returned to your wallet (or other storage site) at the station so that you won't have the "fun" we had around here.

Take care and have a great day!

Tisza

2. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yeah, better be careful. The people at the gas station might feel justified in making a few charges on your card since you aren't giving them nearly as much money as you did before you got the Prius. ;-) :)

3. Ken S

Ken S Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Shouldn't we also be warned not to get too close to you if you haven't washed your jeans in almost two weeks! :)

Seriously, if you lose a credit card immediately call the issuer. They'll cancel that card and issue you a new one. This will also limit your liability substantially.

Now, if I could get my wife to only use her ATM card ever 2 weeks I'd be in great shape! :)

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

One time I tried to use my AAA membership card at the pump to pay for gas instead of my AAA credit card. Somehow that doesn't work. All the pump would say was the card was invalid, which to me meant it wasn't processing through the clearinghouse. As soon as I plucked it down at the counter inside to complain, (actually I started to complain), I realized my foobar.

5. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

Glad to hear it all worked out in the end. :roll:

Now that you've re-registered, Tisza, please consider sharing the sharable details of your mileage logbook in the Fuel Economy section here.

And I have to ask, from your profile...

Professional clown? So how many of your co-workers are you able to carry in the Prius? Remember there are two glove compartments. :wink:

6. Widdletink

Widdletink Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Hi All,

Regarding how many clown co-workers I can fit in my Prius, well with only 16.9 cubic feet I'm thinking that I will not be able to get more than 40 or 50 in tops (unless I slice them thin LOL).

As for sharing my mileage, I need to go out to the car and get the info so that I can post it accurately. Thanks for the reminder, I was looking at that last night but decided that at close to 1 in the morning it could probably wait till daylight.

I told a friend about the gas card thing and she kind of stalled at the 11 days between fill-ups part and never got the joke. All she kept saying is "You went how long before you needed gas?"

Take care all!

Tisza