1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius and scanguage type products

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by bikeboy999, Jun 9, 2013.

1. bikeboy999

bikeboy999 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster (I think) and soon to be 1st time Priii owner. On Wed we take possession of a 2012 V with all bells and whistles. And in reading the lists I noted a lot of owners put in their sig that they have a Scanguage II etc.. And wondering what use it has (other than clear/read codes) because it appears to me that the info from nav screen is pretty decent? If I am planning a 1.5 month trip across the bread basket of USA to San Diego and LV crossing mountains a few times. Should I get a unit to monitor engine and battery temperatures? Any other reason I don't mind spending the money for gizmos, but I have to convince SO that we NEED it. :)

Brian
    Silver 2012 v

2. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Here are all the Gen III codes, and so far I have not found a code that does not work on my Prius v (wagon).
    Welcome to Google Docs

Here is the thread (long 28 pages) is where the above Google Doc was born.
    If you scan the thread you will find you reasons for getting the ScanGaugeII.
    ScanGaugeII work on 2010? | PriusChat

I like to look at RPM, Engine Temp, Brake Force, and Fuel Level in Gallons on my SGII
    The thing I like about my SGII the most is that after it is all set up, it just works when you turn on the car.

There is also Torque App for Android devices.

woppa likes this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    On my Scangauge I'm using current mpg, accumulating mpg, rpm and coolant temperature. There a wack of others, but I settled on those.

4. woppa

woppa Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Thank you chazz! You saved me some searching, I was wondering if the genIII and the v are the same. I am currently awaiting my scangauge in the mail. Hope it isnt too involved to input these codes.