1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C Price range in the US

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by ystasino, Jan 6, 2012.

1. edmcohen

edmcohen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    1 person likes this.
  2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    There's a lot more included in the Prius c Two than just cruise control. You get a really comfortable upgraded seat, center storage console, etc.

I need to get back to writing my review, but I will reiterate what I alluded to on PriusChat's Facebook page the other day - if you are slightly interested in the c, get on a dealer waiting list. NOW.

1 person likes this.
  3. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    But, as Danny notes, it adds other amenities that a higher-mileage driver would appreciate like the boxes, height-adjustable seat and armrest. It's still a way of giving a lower headline price, but it's not entirely wasted.

:p

Actually, if anything it should cause them to drop. In fact, I expect liftback sales to drop because, finally, buyers for whom subcompact is sufficient finally have an efficient choice without Honda's battery issues. The higher roof also gives it more utility than the Insight even though I suspect the Insight might be able to beat the mileage on easy highways.

But, rising gas prices should offset any liftback sales drop.

To me, a great thing about the lower-cost subcompacts is that it could give Toyota a use for their NiMH batteries that would allow them to move at least some of the Gen 4 Prius models to lithium as their lithium prices drop and supply increases.

I'm glad we don't have to buy right away, but I'm definitely going to for a test drive. I just hope my wife likes it.

4. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Yes I read what else comes with the level II but it still doesn't change the fact that if you're looking for a cheap commuter CC will cost you $1,000 to get.

I predict the C will sell very well but there will be precious few level I's in the tally. Typical dealer practice: keep one level I in stock to advertise and up sell everyone to a II or III. ;)

5. civicdriver06

civicdriver06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    So they finally colored the mfd-screen,what stopped them from doing in in the updated Gen. 3 Prius ?

6. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Good damn question. The MID in the Prius c is very nice. Not only for the looks, but the information is provides.

7. civicdriver06

civicdriver06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

Well i am not sure about the US-Prius but the euro-version Prius definitley gets the same new mfd-features as shown in the Prius c with only one difference,its beeing presented in 16 different green tones instead of colorfull as shown in Prius c !

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Different size. The Prius c's screen is 3.5". The Prius LB is 5" (and "widescreen").

Same on as on the Highlander and Sienna, eh? That's a really sharp screen.

9. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree, its about the ads, but other car companies do it, not just toyota. The prius c really starts at the two

$19,900 +$760 destination = $20,660
    versus the prius liftback two
    $24,000 +$760 destination = $24,760

Which is quite a bit less expensive. Now the liftback has some features that the c doesn't have and will likely be discounted more than the prius c. You can add features to the prius c less expensively like nav and sun roof, but some options (solar roof, dynamic cruise control, leather) aren't available. All in all it does drop the hybrid premium for many, and if you don't need the space or some of the non-available features it has quite a nice value proposition.

A US 2012 yaris SE manual which has cruise but is a much lesser car is $17,160. I don't think the $3500 is a bad premium for all the upgrades in the prius c two. A different competitor is probably the honda fit manual at $15,945.

10. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes but automatic climate control is standard and on the Yaris, CC is optional unless you opt for the $16,000 SE (5M. Add $1k for auto)