1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C safety concern

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by siouxnami, Apr 5, 2012.

1. priusninja

priusninja 2012 Prius C III, Moonglow

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    I am sure when this thread was started the poster just wanted to give everyone a heads up, which was a nice thing to do. Why do we get so petty? Put your car in P before exiting your vehicle. Have a safe and happy Easter.

1 person likes this.
  2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'll be surprised if the car lets you start in D if you accidentally left it in D when you shut it off last time. Even with a regular key, the car won't start unless it's in P or N. So while you may be able to leave it parked in D, it may not let you start so you're safe there.

3. Mark323

Mark323 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Wow, SMH.

4. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    This is certainly not a vehicle issue, as mush as it is an operator issue. There are so many different types of transmission stalks these days, have you ever driven a BMW 7 series, what a trip that is to put in gear. It really is up to the driver to make sure they understand how to use their car, and if they don't like the way the gear selector works or location of it, then don't buy the car.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i have left the hycam in park a few times. pretty sure it shuts down partly because when you get out, it doesn't move. but it does beep at you when you shut the door.

orenji likes this.
  6. SwhitePC

SwhitePC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I came from traditional shifters like the prius c, so this really shouldn't be a safety concern, but more of a driver ignorance or habit concern...you can't just go buy a new car without learning its do's and don'ts, and kill your habits of having been used to the liftback. Sure both cars are of the same family, but kill your bad habit before it's too late.

7. AEROENGR

AEROENGR Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I like the traditional shifter in my Prius C2 better than the joystick and silly Park button in my G3. In any car, it is the operator's responsibility to know and carry out the correct procedure for shutdown, parking, starting and driving - every time. This basic ability must be demonstrated to pass any driving test. If a driver does not have the discipline to do the simple tasks required in the Prius C, that person should not have a license.