1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C2, iOS 8 & iPhone 5: no worky

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by Fahfoofnik, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Fahfoofnik

Fahfoofnik Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Updated my iPhone 5 to iOS 8; audio playing over Bluetooth works great as it always does. What DOESN'T work: phone calls.

Deleted, re added, restarted the car, turned Bluetooth on the iPhone 5 off/on/all that, no dice.

Hitting the phone key on the radio or on the steering wheel disconnects the Bluetooth connection.

Anyone else or am I the only one dealing with this?

iPad Air ?

Ardentity likes this.
  2. timtimtim

timtimtim New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I will post back tomorrow and let you know if the bluetooth works on my C1 and iPhone 6!

Fahfoofnik likes this.
  3. Super Mario

Super Mario Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I upgraded my iPhone 5 to ios8 and I have no problems at all

4. Fahfoofnik

Fahfoofnik Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Long story short: as an iOS developer, I have access to the golden master copy of a new operating system. It's for work, it comes in handy as I help my fellow employees.

The golden master of iOS 8 on my iPhone 5 worked perfectly! Phone calls, music… Everything was fine. When I put the version of iOS 8 that the rest of the general public receives, the phone stopped working over Bluetooth. Audio would still play fine, but the phone buttons on the radio and steering wheel did not work anymore.

So I put the Golden Master *back* on my iPhone 5, whaddya know…phone controls worked again.

My iPhone 6+ arrived today; same deal. Music, or audio plays just fine… This time I was able to add my phone book and phone history to the Prius radio, but once again the steering wheel and radio buttons for using the telephone do not work. There is no developer version/Golden Master of iOS 8 available for brand new iPhone 6 Plus phones.

I'm stumped.

5. DanManTX

DanManTX Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Mine works fine too - I also have a 2012 Prius C Model 2 with a 64GB iPhone 5 with iOS 8.

Maybe the 2013 Prius C's are having the issue?

Super Mario likes this.
  6. Fahfoofnik

Fahfoofnik Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    No, my iPhone 5 worked fine on the Gold Master too.

Reading on the Apple Support Forums I'm not the only one with issues. Frustrating.

7. AliIzad

AliIzad Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    iPhone 5 → iOS 8 → all is working perfectly; blue tooth, USB, steering wheel controls, "hey Siri", address book, Entune text notifications, etc. I know you said you tried refreshing everything, so not sure why you are having this issue.

8. timtimtim

timtimtim New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I am a little sad due to the fact that I have had to reconnect my new iPhone each time I get in the car! Kinda miss my 4S now.

Hopefully the system will catch on soon? Haven't tried calling anyone yet.

9. Runswithdog

Runswithdog Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Mine worked fine with the upgrad Entune to version 3.2.0. Is there an firmware upgrade to the radios on the C2 model?

10. Fahfoofnik

Fahfoofnik Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I got it to work for a grand total of one day. I was able to make, receive phone calls without issue.

Then today, it happened again. Audio of any kind streams just fine over Bluetooth. But pressing the Phone button on either the radio or the steering wheel either disconnects my iPhone 6 Plus completely or pauses the audio for :03 seconds, then starts playing again…/and the phone still doesn't work at all.

11. Prius-C1

Prius-C1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    iPhone 6 user here. Long time 5s. Always worked perfectly. Phone, audio, usb. Just got my new phone in the mail today. Go and connect it as usuall. But no audio or signal strength showing. Just wanted to post quick before I try and mess with it more. Seems like this may be an issue brewing.

12. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Keep the Iphone 6+ in your car, but not your pocket, lol. :D

Apple fans' tight pants are bending the iPhone 6 Plus

13. Fahfoofnik

Fahfoofnik Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Ha. Dopes sitting on giganta-phones. Sheesh.

iOS 8.0.2 just dropped. Haven't updated yet, thinking I'll wait & see what the reports are before I update. Somehow phone calls started working in my Prius yesterday, so am not going to reboot or sync until I know whether or not this update fixes Bluetooth issues or not.

14. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Updated iPhone 5 to 8.1 yesterday: Bluetooth still not working for me, for receiving.

15. Fahfoofnik

Fahfoofnik Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I neglected to post back in a timely manner in this topic--my apologies.

I got a hold of iOS 8.1 in beta form a few weeks ago (I'm a registered  developer). Running iOS 8.1 has solved all my issues with Bluetooth connectivity in my ‘13 Prius C 2.

16. Super Mario

Super Mario Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I never had a problem with my iPhone 5 even with 8.1. Everything works fine with the Bluetooth on the radio and all phone calls are working too