1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius cabin air filter

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Bucco, May 22, 2014.

1. Bucco

Bucco New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Has anyone had good luck with purchasing cabin air filters online that are as good as OEM filters (or actual OEM filters) at a good price? If so, from what website? Thanks.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    ebay sellers have OEMs. I just bought a combo engine/cabin for $32 shipped. Not the charcoal cabin type though.

3. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I ordered TYC cabin air filters. Charcoal infused and OEM compliant they are an excellent buy.

4. Beachnut

Beachnut Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  5. rara

rara New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks all for the info

I'm in mpg heaven

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i just put in an stp cabin filter. all they had at auto zone. worst piece of junk i've ever seen. no filter braces, so when you slide it in, it collapses, and only 3/4 of the opening is covered. also, i didn't note how the old one came out, and it's marked 'up' with an arrow, while the stp is marked 'air flow' with an arrow. looking at the dirty side, i think the air flows from bottom to top. i'll look online for another and return this one to auto zone. shame on them for carrying a product this bad. are all stp products this awful?

7. Andyprius1

Andyprius1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    For the 7 years I owned the 2005. I just used ordinary AC filter material on the cabin and Engine. Worked fine, new owners are still using the car. Costs: 50. Cents.

8. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I bought some type of cabin filter from Auto Zone for my Prius a couple of years ago. It did not fit right as well. It was marked like the one you bought and I could not figure out how it went in. An OEM Toyota filter is marked "UP" and that is the way I put it in. I use nothing but Toyota filters. They are quality and they are not that expensive. My opinion.

bisco likes this.