1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Sale Prius near Abingdon with towbar + another one for spares or repair

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by Clv1471, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Clv1471

Clv1471 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This advert is for my much loved silver 2001 Prius, alas a few scratches and scrapes hence low price. Also it may need attention to the main battery very soon as these early cars had an issue with the battery that limited is life to around 150,000 miles - this is not a big deal as there are Prius battery rebuilders that use the latest battery modules that go in the current Prius and rebuild the hybrid battery pack with these later cells.

I also have another Prius saloon which was bought as a restoration project for my son, but he has since bought himself a later MK2 Prius so it was never finished. This car is dark blue. The battery has been removed from this car so you could send this off to be reconditioned and then just swap it for the working battery in the car, so there would be no need to take the silver car off the road.

I want this much loved car to go to someone who is going to keep it on the road, the ideal plan will be to get the battery out of the low mileage scrap one refurbished either by one of the small companies who specialize in this, or do it yourself using one of the many guides on the internet including YouTube, then swap them over, so the car doesn't have to come off the road, then you could repair the swapped out battery and use it to repair the other crashed repairable car which is a Japanese import NHW11 model (same battery) NOT the usual Japan import with the very early battery. I'd be delighted to see this car go to a good home as it has given me 9 years of faultless service.

Unusually this car has a tow bar - the Prius is an EXCELLENT tow vehicle, Toyota should really do a tow bar for it...

[​IMG]
    I have it on Gumtree with photos...

Clv :))