1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Plug-in Navigation Override

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by desertcrawler, Jun 4, 2012.

1. desertcrawler

desertcrawler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    So I just ordered one of these from Prius Chat. But when I got it, no install instructions were there. Has anyone actually installed one yet in a plug-in Prius?

2. terrylowe

terrylowe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I did it.

Nav Lock Override in my PlugIn. | PriusChat

I pieced it together. This post give more clues about how to wire it. First Navigation Speed Lock Override (from the PC shop) in a Prius v: SUCCESS! | PriusChat

About half way down this page cproaudio has links to some instructions Anyone interested in how to bypass the factory navigation speed lock? | Page 4 | PriusChat

For the Plug In, it was easy to pull out the radio...NOT go behind it through the glove box. I connected the power to the cigarette lighter.

This video shows how to remove the radio.

3. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
  4. desertcrawler

desertcrawler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Thanks. This looks like what I was looking for. Just a suggestion -- you might want to put some of the links to the install instructions in your order information on the Prius Chat. I think most consumers are fine without getting printed instructions -- but it's nice to have the most recent link made available.

5. bielinsk

bielinsk Gremlin

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    I had to search around for the instructions for mine as I just didn't know what to do or where to go. I think I emailed Danny and he sent them to me.

I fully understand not sending printed instructions, maybe a sticky somewhere with a link from the order would suffice. That would also allow possible purchasers to read through and see what they are in for before they install it.

6. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It is stickyed in the Gen III mod and accessory forum. I do update the FAQ as much as I could.

7. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The 2012 Display nav unit in the base PiP works so well, and maintains so much of its functionality while moving,
    I just don't see the need for an override on this new unit!