1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius recall,software update?????

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Valencia Orange, May 16, 2014.

1. Valencia Orange

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I took my 2013 Prius Plugin for it's 10,000 mile oil change and asked about any recalls or updates that must be done to the car. The service advisor said there was none. I asked her to search by Vin number and once again she said none. I would have expected at least the Entune update to come up. Luckily I was able to update it myself last month.

I also thought there was another software update that was discussed in this threat that pertained to my car.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i haven't seen any.

3. GregP507

GregP507 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The fact that Entune doesn't work outside the lower 48 is just disappointing.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it barely works inside.:p

rogerv likes this.
  5. powerplay

powerplay Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I just had my 10K service done and was told the same thing.

6. Mon

Mon New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Can you point me to the URL to update the software (Entune) on the PiP and where to down load it?

7. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The Entune updates are not part of a recall, so a search for recalls won't show it. Entune itself updates over the air (via your smartphone data connection). All other updates, such as map updates or core updates to the A/V software, are available only through dealers. In my experience, it is a major production to get the dealers to find the updates for the A/V system; nobody seems to know where to look for them.

8. Mon

Mon New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Someone posted this link here for downloading and updating Entune to 3.2.0. I don't remember who on this forum posted the link first, but thank you. I haven't try it yet, nor have I confirm which version of Entune I have. If I have 3.1.0, I will update it.

Entune 3.1.0/3.2.0 update how to and download link - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
    3.2.0 fix details

Some 2012 – 2014 model year vehicles equipped with a Display Audio Navigation System (Non-HDD)
    and Entune™ (version less than 3.2.0) may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:
    • Roads flash on and off in certain zoom levels (when Entune is in use)
    • Discolored bands appear across the screen (when Entune is in use)
    • Map area on the screen is black and only buttons are visible (when Entune is in use)
    • Navigation freezes (when Entune is in use)
    • When Bluetooth is the last audio mode selected in previous ignition cycle, audio source switches
    back to Bluetooth when another source is selected immediately after the engine starts
    Updated system software is now available to address these conditions. Follow the repair procedure
    in this bulletin to install the latest software version.

Will Stewart likes this.