Welcome to PriusChat

We'd love to have you join our community and participate in the conversation! Sign up for FREE today.

1. Today, 9/1, is the final day for full, personalized All Access Registration to TGB4 2014, the Prius Convention in Westford, MA. Click for more information. The All Access pass includes a personalized badge, event t-shirt, access to all events on Friday & Saturday, goodie bag, & more!

Prius Seat Covers for cloth seats.

Discussion in 'Gen III 2010+ Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by laplante236, Feb 28, 2011.

Social Buttons

1. laplante236

laplante236 Junior Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    After having leather seats in previous Avalons, I was surprised at the apparent cheapness and wear on the seats in my 2010 Pruis III (with only 3600 miles on odometer).
    I ordered a set of leatherette seats from a Custom Fit seatcover company in Texas. I did not like them, they seemed cheap; also, I couldn't seem to figure out how to install them - one needs to be a contortionist to do so. I sent them back, cost me 16.00 in postage but it was worth it to return them. The company service and refunds were great with absolutly no quibble & I got rid of something that I wasn't satisfied with.
    I really miss the leather tho.-- 51.7MPG on trip, 45 and change driving all around. Pearl White. :violin:
  2. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Your Vehicle Year:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three

GT Covers is a brand many Toyota dealers would recommend. Is your fabric wearing a lot? I'm not using covers in my coupe EX which is fabric. I just keep a towel in the trunk to throw over seat in case clothes are dirty.
    1 person likes this.
  3. laplante236

laplante236 Junior Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

Seats are wearing on the edge of the drivers side where you slide in. I just folded over a sheet and put it on the seat. Seems to work ok.
  4. andino

andino Active Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Clazzios are a reasonable option if you want leather covers. They fit pretty tightly and feel good. Katskinz are the next alternative which require reupholstering.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Your Vehicle Year:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    +1 for Clazzio, awesome fit and are wearing very well! Check Sparks Toyota, they had them on sale around Christmas for $390.00 plus free shipping.
  6. cossie1600

cossie1600 Active Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
  7. samsprius1

samsprius1 The Artist

Your Vehicle Year:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Looking at these for my Yaris hatch back!
    looks like EZ install>>DIY!