1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius sound proofing

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by bear4, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Paul hewson

Paul hewson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello! I have tried some of the things that was suggested in this post. The best thing I did to eliminate road noise was actually replace my tires. All I can say is please first change your tires! The new tires I have are Continental Contipro TX make sure it has the TX on it. I don't want to sound like a continental sale person but this model specifically made me love my prius more! These tires were actually designed specifically to eliminate road noise.

2. GustoGuy

GustoGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I just purchased a set of Continental control contact touring tires. I like them even better than the Bridgstone Turenza Quiettrack. Plus they are almost $200 less expensive. I am going to do the fatmat and second skin Spectrum sludge over the top of the fatmat in all four wheel wells. I also will place MLV under the carpet in the drivers and passenger side to cut back on the drone.