1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Three: Is this lease price attainable?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by blue2noise, Apr 7, 2014.

1. blue2noise

blue2noise Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Before I get my heart set on this car (Looking at a Prius Three), do you think it's possible to lease one at $300 per month, 15k miles and no money down? The price and lease calculators are a little misleading.

Anyone get a similar deal? I am in the Long Island, NY area.

Thanks!

2. hybridbear

hybridbear Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Probably. Our Prius Persona (slightly more expensive than a Prius III w/ Solar Roof) is under $300 per month including taxes. We put $1000 down to cover the initial costs of tax, title & license rather than paying interest on those amounts over the course of the lease. We did 36 months & 36k miles. We asked about doing less miles and were told that all Toyota Financial Services leases are 12k miles/year, no exceptions.

Your best bet for accurate pricing info is probably a local dealer. You can use cars.com to find the exact Prius you want in stock at one or more local dealers and then you can ask them for price quotes. Make sure that each quote contains the full details of the lease payment and then you can compare apples to apples.

It seems that Toyota dealers mostly follow set guidelines from Toyota for these leases, we were told that Toyota sets the residual value and the lease factor rate, but the dealership ultimately sets the beginning price. The lower the dealership will set the price, the lower the payment. Our payments are lower than the Toyota advertised $219/month lease for a Prius II because our dealer was willing to go lower than the Price defined by Toyota for a Prius Persona under that program.

3. blue2noise

blue2noise Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Very helpful! Thank you. Sounds like it can be done given the right circumstances.

hybridbear likes this.
  4. hybridbear

hybridbear Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    You're welcome. I hope it works out well for you.

5. blue2noise

blue2noise Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just as a follow up, I was able to get a 2014 Prius Three for 36 mos, 15k miles for $324 a month with $750 down. Not too far from my target.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome to the club, all the best!(y)

blue2noise likes this.