1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius V III Display audio w/nav song, artist, album art issues, update to new entune apps questions

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by darkleafar, Mar 17, 2012.

1. darkleafar

darkleafar Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Its been a while since I posted on this forums, but I am now back as I finally purchased a Prius after researching for years, lol.
    Well, just barely figured out Entunes existed at all, downloaded the app on my HTC EVO 3D, and got it all working nicely, so far.
    Current issues and concerns are:

1. On the Maps app, after you scroll around some to see whats in the area, is there a way to go back to your current location? (where with the press of a button the map would focus back to where you are?)
    2. Once I picked a destination, is there a way to save it as a favorite or something of the sort?
    3. I have an HTC EVO 3D, and my wife has an I PHONE 4s. Our songs come from the same music library(as in songs which we know have been ID3 tagged are present in both our phones), yet her phone displays songs and artist information just fine over bluetooth (although artwork is often missing) yet my phone never displays song, artist, and or artwork info..what gives?
    4. What is the difference between hooking up my phone through USB and hooking it up through bluetooth in regards to entunes capabilities and metadata capabilities?
    5. Can my unit play DVDs? How about videos from a thumb drive(if so what format)?
    6. I keep hearing users without the Premium head unit will be getting the rest of the apps Spring 2012. It will be Spring 2012 soon, and some people claim they already have the update. Does that mean if I head over to the dealership they should have the update ready?
    7. Are we getting anything else in that update besides movietickets, iheartradio and opentable?
    8. Is there yet an official response on how maps are or will be updated on this navigation system (Display audio w/nav)?
    Thank you very much for your time.

2. Keiichi

Keiichi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Re: Prius V III Display audio w/nav song, artist, album art issues, update to new entune apps questi

The Premium Nav unit is on the Prius v 5 with ATP, and it already has the iheartradio, OpenTable and Movietickets. The people on the standard unit don't have it, according to someone else. That should come in around spring, they say.

Since Entune is fairly new, came out end of last year, there will eventually be more apps soon, but at the moment, those are the only apps out.

Last I heard, the Nav maps will probably be updated via dealership...

3. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Re: Prius V III Display audio w/nav song, artist, album art issues, update to new entune apps questi

3. Your phone probably doesn't support the right level of AVRCP.

4. Entune uses the USB connection for the data pipe. You'll get more browsing options for iPod if connected to USB.

5. Nope.

4. Keiichi

Keiichi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

The Premium Nav will play DVDs, HOWEVER, the video will cut off while driving, playing the audio through the speakers.

5. darkleafar

darkleafar Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three

anybody has any input in the so far unanswered questions?

6. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three

Per manual, iPhones cannot connect via Bluetooth for internet access and apps and must use the USB (evil Apple/ATT/Verizon cabal). Android and Blackberry's can do Bluetooth internet.

If you purchase Teathering/Personal Hotspot from ATT, the iPhone will do the Bluetooth internet connection with the car.

On the iPod features, you must be hardwired via USB for full control of all the iPod features by the car. You can listen to your tunes via Bluetooth but you have to select playlists etc on your phone first. You can use the forward/back buttons to move from song to song via the Bluetooth iPod connection.

For full iPod interface, USB or Aux.

7. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

answers:
    [1] Press the "Map/Voice" button to cancel the map scroll. Page 11 of Nav system owner's manual.

[8] Darkleafar, you have the prius v wagon pkg 3 with DVD based Nav system. So your update will come on a DVD. I did a quick search on the Gen III forums and it looks like the DVD upgrade costs approximately $200. Search around on Prius Chat or contact your dealer for more specific information.

8. darkleafar

darkleafar Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three

Hmm..well I did search around prius chat and according to other peeps on here the navigation I have is flash based and not DVD..so who is right and who is wrong?

9. darkleafar

darkleafar Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three

An update on what I discovered so far: turns out if you have an Android phone that doesn't have the right level of Bluetooth avrcp like my Evo 3D, the best thing to do is hook it up through USB, and tell Android you want "disk drive" mode. Then sync Bluetooth but for phone and internet only (under the nav Bluetooth setup menu, you can choose exactly what Bluetooth profiles you want to sync and which youdon't. The result is fully functional entune apps, phone system, and audio complete with album art, track names and all other metadata, as well as search and "genius playlist" like features

10. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

From 2012 Prius v product info found here:
    http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-v-main-forum/98162-2012-prius-v-press-release-materials.html

Prius [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]v [/FONT][/FONT]Five Advanced Technology Package adds:

[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]
    1. Premium HDD Navigation with Entune...
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

Prius v Three adds –

[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]
    1. Display Audio with Navigation and Entune...
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]package 3 adds the display audio with navigaion but it does not say HDD so I belive it is DVD based. Where did you see that package 3 of the Prius v (wagon) has HDD Nav?

My understanding is that (in the USA) you need to max out your prius v 5 w/ Adv. Tech. Pkg to get the Premium HDD Nav system.

11. darkleafar

darkleafar Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three

It was somewhere on this forum, but what they said is the premium has a hard drive, and the display nav is flash based

12. darkleafar

darkleafar Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three

anybody got any new info on the promised upgrade of the entune system?