1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius v ( lowercase v ) Prices

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Stevevee, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Stevevee

Stevevee Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  2. catgic

catgic Mastr & Commandr Hybrid Guru

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    SteveVee - I live on the Space Coast where this dealer is located. Over the years, I have attempted to deal with and buy my Priuses from this dealer, but to no avail. I always end up buying from Toyota of Melbourne...after a bit of hard bargaining. Mike Erdman Toyota's advertising is all "Come On," with "Take It Or Leave It" Deal Prices when you get into the dealer to negotiate an "Out-The-Door" purchase price.

The dealer's current TV Ads are "25% Off MSRP." That sounds great :) However, BUYER BEWARE!!! "There Is No Free Lunch" nor a true "25% Off MSRP" at the bottom-line. It is Mike Erdman's sales practice to severely under-value any trade-in vehicle the buyer may have, along with killing the buyer's pocket book with the "Special Financing Requirement," which delivers mucho profit into the dealer's pocket.

#2 catgic, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  3. Stevevee

Stevevee Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I know there are some pretty good deals going on, but when I saw that I had to think. Blowing out Corollas at $4 - 5k off, $8k off Prius. But I've also noticed the resale on my V amounts to a larger drop than any car I've owned. But that $8k has to be made up somewhere, so I suspect you.d be getting a much higher rate on financing than 0%. LOL