1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius v on "Modern Family" season finale

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by David Prius V, May 24, 2012.

1. David Prius V

David Prius V Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    So my daughter was anxious to show me the DVR'd recording of last night's Modern Family episode which featured the Prius V. The car featured is a Classic Silver model complete with exterior and interior shots and dialogue about the car. It was pretty cool....

2. Wanderer

Wanderer Hybrid neophyte

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I'm pretty sure I saw one on Hot in Cleveland. It was Betty White's characters car. Couldn't tell much because it was a Prius and the front was a v. I looked at both the new hatchback and c and neither matched the car displayed. W

3. PRPrius

PRPrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Technically, Betty took a Prius V Adv Pkg on an extended test drive. It was so funny when they actually mentioned "Entune". You can see Betty White asking "Entune" for information. I would like to know how much money did Toyota spent to get that car into the show.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If anyone else has followed Modern Family, you'll notice that the family's Sienna switches between the SE V6 and the XLE models.

Also, that's quite the advertising campaign on the last episode for the Prius v lol. Mitch and Cam previously had a 2010 Prius V (Five) in Classic Silver as well.

5. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Never noticed that. Good eye!

Yeah it was damaged in a hit and run.

In the show 'Suburgatory' (on after 'Modern Family'), George also has a Prius v. In fact, in one of the episodes he's driving and shows off Entune to his friend in the passenger seat. CLEARLY a product placement for Toyota. It was so blatant that it was somewhat embarrassing to watch.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wonder how much longer before the c makes it on the show?

7. prob8

prob8 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I always loved the episode of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" where Larry David got a Prius when it first came out and kept waiving to all the other Priuses on the road - good stuff and before the blatant product placement found in network television now (of course, cable can afford to not do that, I guess!). ;)

8. Supermonkey32

Supermonkey32 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hahaha...now I know why I like Betty White so much! You go Betty White!

9. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I so so so hate the way that show and many others whore out automobiles. It is so forced, so crass, honestly. I love that show, but when they did this last week I cut them off mid-blurb with "Oh, please don't". Fringe was bad for this back when people actually used to watch the show, and Bones is probably the worst offender of all.

10. Supermonkey32

Supermonkey32 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, I always noticed that Brennan and partner would drive around in their Toyota Sequioa is it? I was like nice at least they are using a Toyota and not some North American GM product they always used or Ford they would always give away on Extreme Makeover Home Edition! :) They were practically giving away the Ford products because Ford can't sell their piece of crap cars and trucks. Ford must be so desperate to make money? :D But again, don't bring Toyota lower than it needs to go. Toyota products are special, and need to be treated with care. :D

11. Supermonkey32

Supermonkey32 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    And that reminds me, our work also uses Toyota Seinna 8 Passenger vans. We just got our 2012 Seinna 2 months ago, and man we are spoiled with that van. We had a 2007 Seinna before, but no one was taking car of it, so I asked them to get us another one, and told my work that if we ruin this one, we will be getting no more vans for a very long time. If we can't treat our Toyota products properly, we don't deserve anymore of them. So, yes I agree don't abuse them on the shows either especially after seeing how people treated our Seinna. :)

12. Braddles.au

Braddles.au DEFAnitely using an EBH

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Didn't Mitch and Cam's old Prius once give a Ferrari a black eye? Imagine what they could do with an even bigger one?