1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius v owners: what is it replacing?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by fotomoto, Nov 2, 2011.

?
  1. Another Prius

51 vote(s)
    16.9%
  2. SUV

79 vote(s)
    26.2%
  3. Truck

16 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Crossover

16 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. Midsize car other than Prius

33 vote(s)
    10.9%
  6. Large car

6 vote(s)
    2.0%
  7. Stationwagon

26 vote(s)
    8.6%
  8. Compact car

27 vote(s)
    8.9%
  9. Subcompact car

7 vote(s)
    2.3%
  10. Other

9 vote(s)
    3.0%
  11. Minivan

27 vote(s)
    8.9%
  12. It's not replacing a vehicle

5 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. kim.mpls

kim.mpls Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Day 2 with my new 2013 V Five ATP (blue ribbon). Loving it so far. Windows tinted this morning, and nearly the same mileage as my outgoing 2004 #7 salsa red with 153,000 miles on it (if you can tell with only 55 miles driven). Strange thing is, it doesn't seem all so different. I just get in and drive. Still trying to figure out how to get the right combination on the driver seat for comfort. And I have no idea how to work all the gadgets. Give me time.

2. CJ Thunder

CJ Thunder Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    My Prius v replaced my 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse.

3. Kurt E Sanders

Kurt E Sanders Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The 2013 Prius V replaced my coveted 1995 collection; a Red Saab Turbo CSE Convertible (85K) and White Pontiac Bonneville SE (56K). In my case, I wasn't driving either of these two cars, since we own a Honda Van and haul items to our kids in Chicagoland area. Both classics were just getting older, faded paint and more undependable each time I took them for a small trip. The maintenance costs for diagnostics, mufflers, batteries, fluids, and general repair was draining me. The last straw was a unexpected break down and tow from 60 miles away for the Pontiac and the Saab Muffler pipe fell off (third full system in 15 years).

Now I have dependability, high MPG, Advanced Technology package, and piece of mind. I will miss that cassette deck and analog clock.. ;)

I do still have the 2008 Red Gold Wing for fun long cruises...

TatumRob likes this.
  4. Stevevee

Stevevee Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I replaced my 2011 Camry SE with less than 50k miles. I was looking for more cargo room, and had ruled out a Rav 4. I averaged 28mpg overall with the Camry, so I didn't want to go lower. Having the huge cargo hold of the V, combined with an additional 14 mpg overall was the deal clincher.

TatumRob likes this.
  5. Kensterfly

Kensterfly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    We're getting close to buying a v5 to replace my bride's '04 Lexus RX330.

6. redpriusv

redpriusv Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I've had my Prius v 2 for about 3 weeks. It replaced a 1996 Honda Odyssey (the first generation with the hinged second-row doors) with 213,000 miles that I bought in 2004. The v is my first new vehicle.

7. Stevevee

Stevevee Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Great vehicle that one, still many on the road today. It's funny how things have come full circle, and many more brands have tried to produce that same form factor. I met someone last year that had just traded one in on a Mazda CX5. I forget what year Odyssey it was, but he had eclipsed 250,000 miles.

redpriusv likes this.
  8. redpriusv

redpriusv Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two

It was a fantastic vehicle. Put a hybrid system in the same body (or a turbodiesel), add a CVT, and make a few updates (cupholders, audio interface, etc.) and I'd buy a new one in a heartbeat. Replacement was driven by age more than anything: the rubber parts (bushings, seals, etc.) were starting to rot out and the fix-it cost on that is higher than I was willing to invest in it, plus most of my engine accessories were original (starter, alternator, A/C compressor). While they all worked great, I figured they'd be going at some point and didn't want those repair costs, either. Hard to say goodbye, though.

9. Ashprs

Ashprs New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just bought a 2013 v three just today, which replaces a 2006 Mazda6 5-door iSport. Lovin' the space and fuel economy!!

10. Emcguy

Emcguy Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    We replaced a Holden StationWagon. We got it to fit three prams and although it was problem free at best we got 13L/100km. As soon as the v launched in Australia, I got one. We now comfortably fit one pram and get 5.6L/100km with a high level of features and safety. Very happy.

11. Emcguy

Emcguy Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    As the youngest learned to walk (no need for prams) and the oldest started school, we wanted a part time 7 seater for their friends.

12. redpriusv

redpriusv Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two

My wife had a 2001 Honda Odyssey that she replaced with a 2012 Civic last year, and I replaced my 1996 Odyssey with a 2013 Prius v last month. For both of us, we bought the vans when gas was cheap and we valued the flexibility to haul other kids, lots of stuff, and the general comfort of traveling in a large vehicle. As the vehicles approached the end of their useful lives (to us, at least), we prioritized fuel economy and urban maneuverability. We have 2 kids, so the minivan was a luxury, but a helpful one with carpools, school projects, and family road trips.

I don't feel like I give up much going from the 1996 Odyssey to the Prius v, other than the 2 back seats which were rarely used. My wife gave up a lot more losing the 2001 to a Civic, largely because she used the back seat (carrying other kids) a lot more than I did. I rarely had more than my 2 kids with me.

I don't miss my van at all, and my wife only wishes she'd gotten a Prius v instead of a Civic!

13. wwiivehicles

wwiivehicles New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    We replaced a 2008 Honda Accord, which now the step-son is driving, with a 2013 Prius v. We've had it a week and took it on a long drive (300 miles) yesterday. Got home and averaged 50.9 MPG!

Except for the poor Entune "update" process it's a wonderful car.

14. TchmYng

TchmYng Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    We replaced our 2009 Sienna - I actually don't miss the space! Family of 4 and a dog and plenty of room!

iPhone ? - now Free

15. 360texas

360texas Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    We traded our 2 "His and Hers" 2009 Prii in for 1 "Ours" 2012 Prius V. (we liked the single rear window panel).

Total cost for our new (at the time) Prius V (version 5) for total of $5.88. [five dollars and eighty eight cents).

Wife and I are 70 years old and married 46 years. LOLLLL we finally learned to share. AND That is a good thing.

TatumRob and Cristino like this.
  16. Estela13

Estela13 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I replaced my 2002 F150 well I still have it but it has been sitting since Jan.
    I have a 2013 Priusv 3 am loving it!! Definitely not missing the 16mpg on my truck.
    So far I have 59,058 miles on it.
    ~Estela

17. VeeMan

VeeMan New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Just picked up my new 2013 Prius v Three tonight! Blizzard Pearl with Misty Gray interior. It's replacing a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT. Long over due here!

Drove 46 miles home from the dealer achieving 47.2 mpg (see screen shot). It was mostly highway/interstate miles and the outdoor temp was 36 degrees F. [​IMG]

Wooo!

Turn off signatures in Tapatalk Tapatalk