1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PriusChat birthday this month

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jkash, Nov 4, 2004.

1. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What are we going to do for the PriusChat birthday at the end of the month? If I am not mistaken, PriusChat came into this world on November 26th or there about. I know I signed up the first day I could and that is when I joined.

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    There are some plans developing... :wink:

More to come in the next week or so. Thanks for remembering, Jeff!

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Well, it's not on the calendar. What is the official date, anyway? The earliest post I can find is November 26, 2003. Would that be considered the "birthday" of PriusChat?

The earlist post I can find is this one:
    http://priuschat.com/forums/youll-have-to-...html?highlight=

And I think it's funny that Evan never got an answer as to why he's the moderator on some forums. :)

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Technically the official original launch date was November 12th (easy to remember since it's my birthday :party: ), but I had some issues with the original software PC was based on, so I close the site down for a couple of days and came out with a new version on November 26th.

Unfortunately back then I didn't know how to import the database data, so everything was lost when we came back live on November 26th.

I guess Evan just learned to live with being a moderator :)

5. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's surprising that Priuschat has been around for a year already. It doesn't seem like it's been that long already.

It has really grown into a huge and diverse community full of VERY great people. It's these people that make Priuschat what it is, and everyone should be proud to have helped build it into what it is, through their experiences and knowledge. This place has remained the single most civil board of any that I've ever frequented. Mercedesshop actually pulled their general discussion forum due to the infighting and personal attacks over one's political leanings. To me, this speaks volumes over the character of the people on this board. Personally, I'd never have any hesitations with meeting anyone on this board in person, and sharing a cold one with them if they ever passed through my neck of the woods.

6. bookrats

bookrats New Member

:iagree What you said, Wolfman.

And I have learned a helluva lot from the people here -- not just about Prius matters. Certainly about seeing things from both sides of the street.

Just this morning I found out: they took off Darth Vader's eyebrows in the DVD of Episode 6! This place is the vortex of important information! :mrgreen:

7. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

My boss gave me November 26th off, and he doesn't even own a hybrid!

Whatever the reason, I'm very thankful. :)

8. rflagg

rflagg Member

Hey, I have that day off from work as well! Danny, is one of the suprises making Priuschat's birthday a national holiday?? :)

-m.

9. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You guys ruin all of my surprises...

:)

10. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

thanks Danny, I've got the 26 off too! Do you think you could do something with the national debt? Or the cost of crude, naaaa we drive Prii and cost of crude isn't really a consideration.