1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PriusChat Certified Dealer Program - Launch Announcement & Form

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Danny, Oct 24, 2011.

1. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    That's f...g great, no NY dealers are signing in; that's disappointing.

2. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I think this sort of discount is ONLY possible for the pre-orders. With so very little profit margin in these PHEVs it's just not something you can expect to happen everywhere. :(
    I'm not going be able to discount anything past the "Priority pre-order" list.

3. DianneWhitmire

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    LOL!

Yesssss... and still sells 60-70 cars and trucks a month! :rolleyes: Someone get me a virtual water cooler to hang out at and I'm there!

4. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

If you are a pre-registrant and are serious about a Plug In Prius shoot me a pm. If you are willing to cross the bridge to Staten Island I'll talk to the GM here are my dealership and I bet I can get you a discount of some sort as long as you select staten island toyota as your dealership when pre-ordering.

5. mrbigh

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    PM sent............

6. JackR

JackR New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I filled out the lead form as requested but haven't received the unique number that it talks about. ?? JackR

7. stevemcelroy

stevemcelroy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Danny - Read through this and I'm wondering just what the "certified" means. Do they have to go through an actual certification process or is it just the agreement to knock $500 off the price and promise not to push add-ons?

I ask because I live in Philly so I figured that if I was to buy a plug-in I'd just cross the river to NJ (it is about 5 miles as the crow flies), but might consider Acton as my family is in Boston and I'm up there fairly frequently.

8. MERIDIAN

MERIDIAN Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just popping in to say thanks! No matter how big the discount or how many dealers, linking this huge fanbase to the sales end is a great move by itself alone and can only open the door (Driver's side) to better things. --Thanks again.

1 person likes this.
  9. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The only reason I'm asking what "The Programs" long term future may or may NOT be...is two fold..

First on the front page, Danny words the annoucement thus:

"This program is launching with the Prius Plug-in to ensure a great price and buying experience for PriusChat members."

Which makes it sound to me that while launching the program with the Prius Plug in...the program itself is meant to become a separate entity? If not, why not call it "The Plug In Prius Certified Dealership Program"?

I would imagine involvement in Prius Chat, The Prius Chat podcasts, The Prius Chat store, might preclude trying to create an established Prius Chat Certified Buyers Program...which I think would be a daunting task. But?

Or is this program going to have a limited shelf life...in other words only exist or emerge for and upon release of new Hybrid products? Could I expect a "Certified Dealership" offering for the release of the Prius c?

10. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not sure Danny, or any of us, have thought that deeply into the issue. This "program" was a suggestion I made because of the unique purchase/ordering process for the PHV. And this point I don't think anyone anticipates that the Prius c will use a similar process, nor that after the launch of the PHV that the order process will continue.

That said, it certainly is a good way to establish a foundation between Priuschat and those dealers who are participating now and those who may choose to start a relationship with Priuschat as "Preferred Dealers" by offering discounts in exchange for a presence on PriusChat. I'm pretty sure Dianne would attest to the success of her relationship with the site.

11. Piprius

Piprius Member of the cult of Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    As a long time lurker, I am very excited about the new plug-in Prius and am thankful that Danny went through all the hard work of communicating with dealers.

Similarly to JackR above, I also filled out a form and have not been contacted through email. Is there somewhere we can check to ascertain if the form went through properly?

Once again, I look forward to joining the Prius family in the near future. Thanks to all for this fantastic site.

12. DianneWhitmire

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    etc....

Hmmm... I have most of my own buyers' contact info already and don't know that I need anything from Danny to accept anyone's order. Perhaps other dealers do?

13. dfleeman

dfleeman New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    When I pre-registered for my Prius Plug in I picked a dealer. Can I change to one of the Prius Chat dealers?

14. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yes, you have not made the order yet nor have you put down the deposit at a dealer so you can change.

15. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just be sure you follow the instructions in the first post of the thread on how to do it.

1 person likes this.
  16. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I see Danny did not make a post mentioning it but I wanted to let those in the NY area know that Danny has struck a deal with my local dealership in Staten Island, NY.

Manfredi - Staten Island Toyota in Staten Island, NY is now also part of the Priuschat Certified Dealer Program for ordering your 2012 Prius Plug In.

So if you're from the city or even Long Island or New Jersey and want:

• A $500 discount off of the 2012 Prius Plug-in MSRP, on both the Standard and the Advanced model.
    • A no-hassle purchase process where our Certified Dealer has agreed to not require add-ons or warranty programs.
    • Free PriusChat swag when you come to pick up your 2012 Prius Plug-in next Spring.
    • One year free PriusChat Premium membership.

make sure you follow the instructions Danny provided in the first post of this thread, found here: http://priuschat.com/forums/toyota-...ram-launch-announcement-form.html#post1406843

And while at Staten Island Toyota, mention my name (Mark) to the General Manager (Jim) as well. He'll get a kick out of hearing more about me and Prius. It trips him out how much myself and all of us know about this car compared to even Toyota Lol! Depending on how many show up in the first allotment, we can try and meet up that day for a group photo! :)

1 person likes this.
  17. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well 8 more payments and my Gen II v5 baby is all mine, if I had not planned on keeping the car for 7 years, I would jump in and upgrade! On the plus side, on March 2014, who knows what type of PHEV, or LEAF or VOLT they will have to offer.
    I do think this is a great idea, and I hope things work smoothly for all involved. To that end I plan to see some good posts on buyers experiences, and how much they love their cars!

18. mrbigh

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    I filled my form !!!! Lets help Prius Chat :cheer2:

19. lensovet

lensovet former BP Brigade 207

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: etc....

Uh oh, this doesn't sound promising…

Can someone confirm how the unique identifiers will be used and who actually generates them?

20. DianneWhitmire

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Re: etc....

In my case, I have been here long enough and communicating wenough with you all that these things are moot. And, frankly, I told you all - I don't require a "group" buy to give the pre-orders a better deal. My deals are the same on all Preorder cars to everyone.

That said, it may be an issue with other dealers, but you have plenty of ti me to let Danny work the proverbial kinks out.