1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PriusChat Fantasy Football 2013

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by jpadc, Aug 15, 2013.

1. jpadc

jpadc Type before I think too often

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Dear PriusChat Colleagues:

Again this year, Evan Fusco and I invite you to join us in the PriusChat Fantasy Football League. A number of us who played last year got to know each other a little better and had a great time. A few players from last year will be back and we need several new players. Sign-up will be first come first serve. We had enough players for a 12 team league last year and that made it even more fun.

We have set up a free (but custom) NFL league. As it was last year, the league is called "High Voltage Running" and the password is Synergy. The link below should take you directly to the site to sign up. You will need to register with NFL.com if you are not already a member. Its free and easy to do. You just need to create a name for your team and the system will get you started.

Join Custom League - Free Fantasy Football | 2013 Fantasy Football - NFL.com
    League ID: 517217
    League Password: Synergy

If you have never played fantasy football before, it can be a lot of fun and a good way to make the football season even more exciting. It is also a nice way to connect with some members here at PriusChat. You can spend as much or as little time with your team each week as you want. I’ve found that time spent is rarely correlated with success – but you can prove me wrong. Speaking of winning, once we have a group signed up we’ll figure out a good prize for the winner. We have open slots and we need to be filled before September 1. Please sign up today!

Bob (Team Hodags)

JMD likes this.
  2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey all, just want to again chime in. Bob has been running this league for several years now and we always have a lot of fun. You can spend as little as 10-15min. per week playing or you can go all out and spend hours per week analyzing the statistics and listening to fantasy talk radio or whatever. Either way, it's fun, frustrating and makes the game of football all the more interesting since you develop an interest in teams and players you otherwise might not have followed. Boys and girls alike are welcome, of course. My 14 year old son has won a couple of times.

3. SuperGLS

SuperGLS Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hey guys, I almost joined last year but decided not to. Unfortunately the last few years in my long time league we have only been able to get 8 teams and with 8 teams it's not that great.

So I've signed up, hope that's ok. Never played the NFL version but it looks pretty similar to Yahoo so that's good. Team name Supers so you know that's me.

4. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Glad to have you SuperGLS!! We have fun, plenty of smack talk...that is pretty much guaranteed to backfire on you later on in the season.

We still need several more players, ladies and gentlemen equally welcome. Fun and easy and a PriusChat tradition.

5. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey Bob ( jpadc ), when is the auto-draft? I can't seem to find that on the web site?

6. SuperGLS

SuperGLS Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yeah I didn't see it either.

7. C J Hershwitzky

C J Hershwitzky Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    RastaGopher ;) :ROFLMAO: :p ready to play

8. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome Rasta! How many open slots are left?

9. jpadc

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We still need 5 more if we want 12 assuming Danny and Matt are playing. We don't have a draft date yet. We can ask for one to be assigned once we have all the players. I'll put a link to this post in the Gen 3 and Gen 2 main forums. Hopefully the moderators will let the posts live long enough for us to recruit

10. markabele

markabele owner of PiP, then Leaf, then Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I would be interested in joining if it was for a little bit of money. Wouldn't have to be much....thoughts?

11. jpadc

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We have generally done some prize for the winner, sometimes in the form a gift certificate at the PriusChat shop. Once a set of tickets to a Colts game (as that was something the winner really wanted). I'm certainly willing to contribute funds for a prize for the league champion. I would not be comfortable requiring all players to contribute if they did not want to do so, however.

Any thoughts Evan or Danny?

Would that be enough incentive?

12. SuperGLS

SuperGLS Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I can't put money in it because it makes sports highly unenjoyable for me. However, I can happily play for fun while others play for money. And if I finish first I can pass up the prize if everyone else is paying.

13. markabele

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    This actually sounds like a good idea. People can contribute a suggested donation if they want...and if they win, they get that money. If they didn't pay and they win, they obviously don't get anything...and then the funds roll over to next years winner.

But I'm new to this league so please don't feel pressured at all simply because I brought it up.

14. jpadc

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We welcome both of you. Hopefully you have both used the link and signed up. We still need some other players so please sign up soon

Bob

15. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We need to be careful how we manage the money/prize issue. I think that maybe we could take donations from the players who wish to contribute toward a prize pool, but then would only contributors be eligible to win the money? But my son turns 14 this weekend and I'm not really wanting him to see this as something he's doing for money. As Bob pointed out, Danny has contributed Prius related prizes in the past and I don't really want to see this devolve into anything too serious. It's for fun. If you want to play for money, there are plenty of leagues out there that do that.

16. markabele

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    That's a good point. A prize is probably good enough. Plus comes the issue of how do you get money from certain people. Just better to not bother with money.

17. SuperGLS

SuperGLS Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I like prizes!

Bump because we still need a few more folks.

18. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep, looks like we need just 3 more players to get to a 10 team league. First real game is 2 weeks from today.

19. VirgilCane

VirgilCane Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Just joined let me know if I need to do anything else. Thanks.

20. jpadc

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Great! We still need a couple more and time is running out! Any one else interested? We need you