1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PriusChat on Green Car Reports

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by ftl, Jul 10, 2012.

1. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    An article on the Prius C and PriusChat: "2012 Toyota Prius C: Yes, Your Gas Mileage Will Vary"

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not sure I care for the article since it failed to mention the opposite side of the moat where people get 60+mpg. Either way, some publicity is better than none I guess. I generally like GreenCarReport so I'll let it slide. :)

3. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Good point; I added a comment to that effect.

F8L likes this.
  4. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ...it's a darn good thing my Minivan does not give me instantaneous read-out of MPG like the Prius. I am sure the minivan is as low as <5 MPG for a short trip at cold conditions, since I only get 12 MPG for a full tank average in winter local driving (EPA rating = 20 MPG). So the "lowly" ~35 MPG for a Prius-c for a short trip needs to be taken in perspective. At least Prius gives us the MPG read-outs so we can see the highs and lows and causes.

5. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The point they're missing is that if you drive in a way that gets 32 MPG in a Prius C, you'd likely get 12 MPG in a different car. Plus, his claim of poor highway mileage in a Prius is totally wrong. Yes, mileage decreases as you go 60/70/75 MPH, but it is still wickedly high, and again it's drastically higher than other vehicles driven in those conditions.

6. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Very good point! :) Where have you been anyway? We missed ya.

7. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

i am getting sick of automotive writers... why not just drive the car and compare it to your own car and see what you get. Not that hard to do.

I would expect 40-45 mpg in MY city... for some that would be 10 mpg less than promised, for me it would be 2x more than my current car.

But hey, they are paid by the number of pageviews and it goes up if article is controversial, fact we need to realize!

AWDstylez likes this.